Author Topic: Blockland 2015.  (Read 4931 times)

Why'd you drama my server?

it describes a bird made out of feces you see

or a bird who excessively spreads their feces

@Op

Can we stop complaining about all the probelms with the community and ask ourselves why we stay in the first place? Can we just take a moment to look at the things that draw us into this community?

Just ask yourself why you stay.  It almost makes no sense to want to stay a part of a community as hostile as ours.  We don't accept outsiders very well, theres a lot of hormonal preteens who like to try and damage the community/game, instead of warning others about annoying behavior we usually jumo at them right from the start, etc etc.  This is the type of community that seems would have negative growth, but I think our hostility is what makes us stronger.  Those of us who are able to withstand the hostility are matured by it and usually taught social skills.  The Forums help thicken your skin.  They help teach how to deal with people becasue everything we say and do isnt checked by a moderator to insure it doesn't offend anyone.  Its like having an argument without anyone there to protect others feelings.  Its ture freedom.  I believe that it is this freedom that allows us to make such strong friendships and forge such a powerful connection with the community, as hostile as it is.

TL;DR : It isnt as bad as you make it out to be.

Anyone have the slightest hope if Blockland will pull itself together and stop dramatizing so much?

User was banned for this post

One fell off and lost his head.

One fell off and lost his head.
well i hope he at least read my post first.

I also have this quote which is similar to what I said before
/begin_walloftext

The problem is that the game, being a lego building game is likely going to attract a lot of little kids, but this is a very mature forums.  You can talk about all the forgeted up stuff you want and post near nudity and swear all you want do all types of "non kid friendly stuff" without consequence.

That problem, however, I also think is a great strength of this community.  Problem users are more or less dealt with by the community itself rather than have moderators deal with everything.  The community basically moderates itself through the use of things like shunning people who are richards and also through the drama section.  This is a community that by design doesn't try to hold your hand.  Its like being thrown out into the harshness of the real world to learn the hard way.  Nothing is censored, everyone's opinions are in full view.  No matter how mature the subject of a discussion, anyone can read it at their own liberty.  And that I think is another great thing about this community.  Since no one has their opinions censored or blocked out to prevent offending someone else, it allows people to have intelligent discussion on all levels of topics no matter how sensitive or mature the content without worrying about getting banned or some stuff.  It allows peoples ideas, skills and opinions to melt together.  It helps the mind mature through critical thinking and brown townysis, in turn creating a sort of melting pot of cultures and ideologies.  I would say that as harsh as this community can be, if one can survive in it, one can learn a lot and mature a great deal.

Imagine a forums where every post had to be checked by a moderator before being shown, to keep others from hurting others feelings.  It would be so boring and uninteresting.  It would discourage intelligent discussion and debate and encourage everyone to be the same care-bare free-hugs-shirt wearing friends.  People wouldn't forge such strong friendships with each other because there would be nothing about each individual person that was special and made people want to seek that person out.  There would be no type of social development or maturing over time of the people using the forums.  It is the freedom to communicate with others however you feel that makes you come back, because you feel like you are connected to the forums.  You feel like family, even though you all have your differences.  It is your differences that allow you to forge stronger relationships.  Honestly, even though this is such a hostile forum and there are a lot of people here that I don't agree with on things like politics/religion/etc, I can't imagine a better group of people to spend time with.  Its a hell of a lot better than everyone being watched so that they don't make others feel bad.

I have to say the forums have helped me mature a lot for my age.  Why?  Because when people here have something to say, they just say it without any regard to the other person's feelings.  While that may make some people want to leave, those that stay and learn form their mistakes will be much more mature than before.  This is a place of learning, not just a place to talk about a game. I would even go as far as to say that the social lessons I have learned here have helped me in real life scenarios.  I would say that its worth looking like starfishs if the products of the forums are going to be more mature users in the end.  There's some other message that I'm trying to convey here but I can't think up a good brown townogy so I'm just going to say this:

"The Blockland Forums:  That forum where people learn more about life and social interaction than they do about building"

Yes we are starfishs.  Is that a good thing?  Well in many cases, yes.

/end_walloftext

how many of these threads are there

how many of these threads are there
there was a post somewhere by badspot entitled like "RIP Blockland" and i think badspot still edits new ones in

Stop forgetin fake banning yourself jesus!

Stop forgetin fake banning yourself jesus!
this is drama, theres no way for a non-moderator to edit posts.

I haven't been here in a year, but it looks to me like this is going down like Chinese bottle crackers on a Sunday evening.
literally what the forget does that even mean

2 bans in the same topic of one person, lol