Author Topic: Racism.  (Read 5360 times)

Distinguishing people by religion is only tribal when the religion is specifically linked to an ethnic group (most are not). Not even jews are safe, since people without jewish ancestors can convert to judaism. That means that I can say that jews are stupid morons based on their beliefs, but I can not say that they are stupid morons based on their ethnic origin (without being tribal).

People call me tribal when I say their mondays.
I wasn't saying they were black , i was saying they were a monday.
Go back to your cave, handicap.

Distinguishing people by religion is only tribal when the religion is specifically linked to an ethnic group (most are not). Not even jews are safe, since people without jewish ancestors can convert to judaism. That means that I can say that jews are stupid morons based on their beliefs, but I can not say that they are stupid morons based on their ethnic origin (without being tribal).

I'm not saying anything bad about blacks, when I mean monday. When I use it it is just a word that doesn't really mean anything.

But it is a degrading word , as how I say  "If you can't say it to your boss/teacher then it probally isn't a good word ."

I'm not saying anything bad about blacks, when I mean monday. When I use it it is just a word that doesn't really mean anything.

But it is a degrading word , as how I say  "If you can't say it to your boss/teacher then it probally isn't a good word ."
I could say monday to my boss, if I want to be fired, that is. :cookieMonster:

Cracker please...

Just by being offended so strongly by some stupid words. You give the words power. Half of what racism is, is fuled by the offendee' in the first place

I'm not saying anything bad about you when I call you a handicap.

I'm not saying anything bad about you when I call you a handicap.
Zing.

You have to respect where a word came from, although I think that with the way people use "tribal" as an accusation for any sort of discrimination, that may eventually become a valid definition for it.

[li]Someone's religion[/li][/b]
That's fascism, mostly. Racism has to deal with race.

Well, fascism is the loathing of all religion...

quit being such a monday about it.

its ok i got a black friend, hes cool with me saying it.

Well, fascism is the loathing of all religion...
Nope, that's not fascism.

mondaycakes

God damn people like you. Your ignorance really pisses me off.

With a word that came from slavery days, assigned to blacks that were considered unworthy of a name, as well as all the stuff they had to go through, probably being called that along the way, how can such a word not be used in a tribal manner?

:panda: