Author Topic: 2015/01/16 - Blockland r1959  (Read 90903 times)

nice as usual, badspot. more features... please c:?

Hey be thankful that he is updating again, give him the time he needs

our god has revived

:')

it's like jesus' second coming

Console is getting spammed whenever changeDatablock is called, "Unable to find object: '' attempting to call function 'playThread'."
Still an issue.

If you attempt to enable shaders while using > 2 GB of memory on a 64 bit system with vertex buffer objects disabled it thinks you've run out of memory:
Code: [Select]
ERROR: regenerateShadowMapFBOs (3); GL_OUT_OF_MEMORY (1285) - disabling shaders

Let the moding community handle features, Badspot is doing his part by optimizing the game and fixing bugs.

Badspot

• Administrator
If you attempt to enable shaders while using > 2 GB of memory on a 64 bit system with vertex buffer objects disabled it thinks you've run out of memory:
Code: [Select]
ERROR: regenerateShadowMapFBOs (3); GL_OUT_OF_MEMORY (1285) - disabling shaders

The error comes straight from openGL, so there isn't much I can do.  I'm assuming this is a high brick count + high player count listen server?  If so, you might try running it as a dedicated server, even if you're running it on one machine.

I just tested 500k+ bricks and I'm still able to turn shaders on and off.  With VBOs disabled memory usage goes up to over 3GB and shaders still work.  Perhaps you are actually out of video ram?  Also disabling VBOs is a huuuge framerate hit, disregard my previous advice to do this.  Just buy more video card.

Also disabling VBOs is a huuuge framerate hit, disregard my previous advice to do this.  Just buy more video card.
And if that don't work, use more video card :cookieMonster:

The error comes straight from openGL, so there isn't much I can do.  I'm assuming this is a high brick count + high player count listen server?  If so, you might try running it as a dedicated server, even if you're running it on one machine.

I just tested 500k+ bricks and I'm still able to turn shaders on and off.  With VBOs disabled memory usage goes up to over 3GB and shaders still work.  Perhaps you are actually out of video ram?  Also disabling VBOs is a huuuge framerate hit, disregard my previous advice to do this.  Just buy more video card.
I probably ran out of RAM as I can't seem to duplicate it. When I got that error I was using around 3.6 GB which I'm guessing is near the ceiling for memory usage which I thought was precisely 4 GB.

I disabled VBO to allow the game to use more memory since my GPU only has 2GB which isn't always enough.

I probably ran out of RAM as I can't seem to duplicate it. When I got that error I was using around 3.6 GB which I'm guessing is near the ceiling for memory usage which I thought was precisely 4 GB.

I disabled VBO to allow the game to use more memory since my GPU only has 2GB which isn't always enough.
ceiling isn't perfectly 4 gb due to OS usage and things, it's closer to 3.65ish.

Can't wait for hats!  :cookieMonster:

I wonder if Badspot will ever make "download sounds" on by default, but the option is there if you want to turn them off, since a lot of noobs don't even know the option is there.

I guess all these two small updates (patches?) it's just preparing before a huge big update will come. Otherwise, i'm even don't see a difference. The only one serious reason to play BL after it - it's a huge brickcount that can be place in-game, if i have understand previous update correctly.

anyone else have trouble with camera paths? they used to work a looong time ago and they looked epic but they broke somewhere around v14 I think. unless I'm doing it wrong or something..