2015/01/16 - Blockland r1959

Author Topic: 2015/01/16 - Blockland r1959  (Read 90917 times)

torque had default directx support but it was intentionally removed because it was pretty poor iirc

gimmie the source and i promise it'll happen in a week
Are you going to re-write the shaders in HLSL too

bbs

Last update said it made it less trivial to change the client timescale but now I can't change the timescale through the server using commandtoclient(client,timescale,0.2);
Does anyone know why?

Last update said it made it less trivial to change the client timescale but now I can't change the timescale through the server using commandtoclient(client,timescale,0.2);
Does anyone know why?

Yeah, because clientCmdTimeScale()  has been removed.

I honestly don't think anyone has figured out how to do it anymore, and I'm glad. It should stay that way, the command was way too abusable.

it's ez to do and I don't get the point of removing it

There should definitely be a way to change client's timescale from the server. I was going to add a feature to Slayer where it would play a slow-motion thing after your death.

bbs

theres a settimescale(); function but it does nothing for me.
i'm sure badspot wouldn't say he made it less trivial to use and then just remove it right?

cant host speed kart for some reason

In honor of the latest updates, we at the Cohort team will take our biggest project yet and multiply it by 4. Seattle is now live again and will be partially merged with buildings from Utopia and with new material. The city will be extended and obtain a sewer system and interiors in most buildings!

http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=220182.345

I cannot shift bricks while crouched (holding shift).  Anyone else?

Now I just want proper DirectX support. I hate how this game is just dependent on OpenGL.

Why would you want DirectX support when you have OpenGL support?

direct ex is better!!

I cannot shift bricks while crouched (holding shift).  Anyone else?
The reason it most likely doesn't work is because holding shift temporarily disables numlock. It's probably the new chat fix thing that's doing this.

theres a settimescale(); function but it does nothing for me.
i'm sure badspot wouldn't say he made it less trivial to use and then just remove it right?

To make something "less trivial" would mean to make it harder or even impossible. To that end it makes sense to remove such a command