Re: i'm looking for a new laptop (poll added)

Poll

which one

toshiba
3 (75%)
acer
1 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Author Topic: Re: i'm looking for a new laptop (poll added)  (Read 1334 times)

http://shop.lenovo.com/us/en/laptops/lenovo/y-series/y40/

I heard this ones good - seems to meet all your needs but its sold out on that specific site (only the one deal)

Just because it says Radeon doesn't mean anything...

There are basically two options when it comes to graphics (besides integrated). Radeon or NVidia. You can have a $40 cheapo Nvidia or Radeon, or your top of the line $600 Nvidia or Radeon. The company that makes it isn't what's important.

In this case, it's still a decent laptop GPU.
I hope you didn't just mean that it was decent and seperately stating it's a Radeon card....

I was just saying what graphics card it was

by looks decent I meant I didn't really look into it but it seemed like a fine card

I was just saying what graphics card it was

by looks decent I meant I didn't really look into it but it seemed like a fine card
Oh ok

Well it is, I'd think. The name sounds equivilant to my desktop GPU (R9 270), but it's a laptop so IDK. Definitely fine for his purposes though.

That only has 4GB of ram ^

That only has 4GB of ram ^
MS Paint only uses 20MB of RAM when I edit an icon so 4GB should be more than enough.

MS Paint only uses 20MB of RAM when I edit an icon so 4GB should be more than enough.

yea but I'm pretty sure he doesn't use mspaint.

photoshop uses a crapton of ram, and each image takes up like 60mb

« Last Edit: January 23, 2015, 07:22:38 PM by ßlöükfáce »

so i was looking at these two:

toshiba
acer

which should i get?

Just go for the toshiba, was the y40 I suggested to expensive?

Just go for the toshiba, was the y40 I suggested to expensive?
nah i just dont have enough info on it yet
do you have one? because i was wondering how many usb ports it has and if it has an hdmi
also does it have more ram capacity?