I think my dad is dying

Author Topic: I think my dad is dying  (Read 3261 times)

blah blah blah pleading for sympathy I don't care if you feel bad for me, I'm not even sure if I'm right. I just want some valid opinions on this
Recently, my dad has been having some issues with himself, he's beginning to become too week to do anything and its happened ever since he had a stroke a few years ago, my father had a silent stroke or whatever and afterwards he had some really bad gout, where (at its worst) he couldn't walk, his legs would become inflated and it would be hard for him to move. I don't know if he's dying or not but I think his body is giving out on itself, because his body isn't fighting back from what I hear, it seems its only getting worse and he refuses to go to a doctor.

My mom also claims his kidneys are failing because he used to have a lot of energy drinks, I don't know about that either but I think he's not going to be around for much longer

tl;dr I think my dad is dying because his body is giving out

How old is your dad and what does he do?

How old is your dad and what does he do?
in his 50's, works freelance

in his 50's, works freelance
Freelance what? Is he a photographer? Writer? Mercenary?

Freelance what? Is he a photographer? Writer? Mercenary?
just everything, he doesn't stick to a job

not to weigh down on you here but your dad is pretty much letting himself die
call 911, do something. if he refuses to go to the hospital then thats it, the chances are over.

not to weigh down on you here
gee you sure tried hard on that front

gee you sure tried hard on that front
call me a cunt then, whatever.
thats what happened with my grandparents.

force him to see the doctor

a miserable few hours in a room with sick people is better than having to deal with a more severe stage of a disease

not to weigh down on you here but your dad is pretty much letting himself die
call 911, do something. if he refuses to go to the hospital then thats it, the chances are over.

Not to mention it sounds like he eats/drinks really unhealthy stuff and doesn't get any exercise.

Not to mention it sounds like he eats/drinks really unhealthy stuff and doesn't get any exercise.
I don't think you understand, the energy drink part came BEFORE his stroke, the stroke was 4 years ago(?) I don't remember
force him to see the doctor
he claims it won't help plus he has stuff insurance

I forgot about america and privatized healthcare

darn I'm not to sure what you could do then

To be at least a little bit fair, it's very difficult to do much exercise with gout in your legs.

I know it can be self-inflicted from poor diet, but I wouldn't really wish gout on anyone.

my grandma has started to forget things over the past 5ish years
eventually she started forgetting names and stuff she would do and would begin to do weird stuff
now shes in a seniors home and has to be treated like a little kid

hope your dad gets better