Is it a good idea? (If not explain)

Yes!
23 (45.1%)
No. (Probably)
13 (25.5%)
I haven't even read the post
15 (29.4%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Author Topic: Buildable Vehicles (Let me explain)  (Read 1170 times)

Before you complain about Truce already doing it, I meant like using ALL of the in-game bricks to make vehicles. There can be a group of parts/bricks dedicated to vehicle creation. (wheels, propellers, wings, engines, etc.) I see a lot of creative opportunity and practical use of this in Blockland. And yes, I'm aware of the Torque Engine's limits to handle such ambition, i'm only making a suggestion. I'm not begging it to come to life. 
Flame shield activated

Flame shield activated
*ICE ATTACK!*

Sadly due to the limitations of Torque there's not much that can be done that will work 100%, at most it'd be glitchy and lag the server if there are too many. But I believe this can be done.

*ICE ATTACK!*

Sadly due to the limitations of Torque there's not much that can be done that will work 100%, at most it'd be glitchy and lag the server if there are too many. But I believe this can be done.
I agree with you. The only way to make this stable is an engine upgrade, but then again that would never happen

EDIT: Died of hypothermia

This is a good idea and I like it but it may have some issues...

Furdle has a private brick pack full of bricks like what you're talking about (wheels, propellers, wings, engines). They don't make the vehicle actually work, however.

It would be great if Badspot implemented "Vehicle Bricks" and a way to build vehicles simplistically in the next update. I am sure it's possible.

Truce did a good job making a work around way to build vehicles, but there is no support for "special" bricks, leaving you with a vehicle that's mostly 1x1 and 1x2 flat bricks, like this:

It was cool when it first came out, but the vehicles still look ugly. It would be great to have a more updated vehicle building system.

/Support

I think this is a great idea.

as if this isnt what everyone was already thinking
right?
« Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 06:27:50 PM by *FacePalm* »