Author Topic: Do we really want Blockland to grow to big?  (Read 7013 times)

So how about it PM the good memebers of the community about it that means all non-newbs .

Good one and we could have the password hint be "The most important member in th Blockland community" and all the newbs will think the password is Trader or Space Guy.

If that was the password hint my only guess would be "Badspot".

Make it Lord Pie.  They never guess it even though I know it not true.

Why don't we all get a password going around that we al try to rember and then when we host a server for old players we will always used that same password . I am thinking that the pass be SNOT! because no newb would think of that .

Good one and we could have the password hint be "The most important member in th Blockland community" and all the newbs will think the password is Trader or Space Guy.

Or Badspot, you wouldn't really have a blockland community without him.

Look guys, unless Oprah suddenly declares blockland as the miracle game that can cure all diseases and focus a kid's mind until it becomes the equivalent of a quantum supercomputer in processing power you can bet Blockland won't be becoming the next world of warcraft or second life. Besides, not all new players are bad. But, the bad ones do get allot more publicity.

NO.

No publicity. We're getting too many noobs. Don't reply to me saying "buetz sum peeploz cna b gewd peeplz", I don't care.

Just let people wander by here. Any advertising would bring the following people:

Idiots: Like Bloccis ("I like pie, don't you?")
Too-Young-For-The-Internet: 6-9 year olds who know nothing of how to be a person on Blockland/the Internet with no skills at all. ("omg how 2 maek an addon and mapz")
Noobs: Idiots who do know the internet, but suck at acting like a proper person on it. ("lol, hurrhurr gtfo mai intrantez lolly want a crackorz orly")
Adults: Adults who sit here instead of paying the bills, feeding their children (Resulting in bad news for Badspot, not good.) or heck having a life, talking about normal things (Politics, news, etc.) and think Internet jokes are rude, "immature", or mean. ("Have you heard about Ron Paul?" "Golly yes, he seems to be running for president, isn't he?")
Advertisers: These guys suck ass. Their name sums it up. ("Come to myspace instead of this game! You can be meeting friends loveual predators or making a boring house!", "BUY CHEAP WoW GOLD FOR FREE!*")

And then if it gets world wide known, people (COUGHjackthompsonCOUGH) will think Blockland is one of those "violent" games, even though it has no violence other than the use of guns and language used by users.

So, you want to keep the internet out? It already got in, numerous times.

You can always just ignore it and you know, not let it get to you.

It will be alot harder to find your friends.

yes using messengers is very hard to do.

Can you imagine what would happen to the gallery? USSR applications left right and center making serious build get pushed to the second page quickly.

I lol'd at this topic because most of the posts were made by the more new people.

Think about it.  Sooner or later we will all become just an id rather than a person in this game.  Kind of like on many games with over 1000000 people playing them.  You are no one there.  Here you are somebody until the community grows to large.

No unless Bad-spot gets ads . We will be a small communtiy , where every one know every one .

Making your way in the world today
Takes everything you've got;
Taking a break from all your worries
Sure would help a lot.
Wouldn't you like to get away?

All those night when you've got no lights,
The check is in the mail;
And your little angel
Hung the cat up by it's tail;
And your third fiance didn't show;

Sometimes you want to go
Where everybody knows your name,
And they're always glad you came;
You want to be where you can see,
Our troubles are all the same;
You want to be where everybody knows your name.

Roll out of bed, Mr. Coffee's dead;
The morning's looking bright;
And your shrink ran off to Europe,
And didn't even write;
And your husband wants to be a girl;

Be glad there's one place in the world
You want to go where people know,
People are all the same;
You want to go where everybody knows your name.

And they're always glad you came...

Summarized;

"In this world of today, you wish to go where everyone knows your name."

This is just an idea but what if the advertisements were stuck in sites where we know only good players go. Although the occasional noob might go in and find it or a good player with lots of noob friends and tells everyone of them. We could always give the good ol ban button a work out, and like earlier suggested we could always retreat to a corner somewhere safe from noobs and make an exclusive club that only good players can get in.