Author Topic: So, I've had a fun time dealing with comcast  (Read 1481 times)

So today, my family and I moved to another house. We told them previously that we were going to move and that we requested a new box. Upon moving, this airhead comes to our house and then tells us he cannot install it without the box that we had at the old house. We tell him that we requested a new one and that we didn't have it, it was at the old house. So he tells us he can't install any services. We call to complain and this lady tells us we can manually install it. We go back to the house, get the routers and come back to our new house. We try to do an "automated install" and it tells us we can't. We call up Cumcrust to install it, they tell us that we're doing some stupid transfer and they tell us we can't do anything until Tuesday, because not only did they say we could, but now we have to wait until Tuesday for internet. We demand to speak to their supervisor and they manage to get it transferred to another account. The best part is, we forgot to get the other box for tv, and we made another trip to go get it. Let me tell you that lady who helped us was actually very nice and did it all properly, we were just fed up with this. Upon coming back we call comcast to activate it, this jackass tells us that they're going to disconnect the internet today because apparently somethings wrong, so again being on the brink of screaming we tell them to get their supervisor, and they send a activation signal to it, which worked for the TV and another to make sure it doesn't disconnect hopefully. I'm at least happy its working right now and I'm not sure what bullstuff they're going to do next.

And another thing, now my IP address says its from another state lol.

(i posted this on reddit, i just want to hear what you guys think of it)

ok then i wont
« Last Edit: February 21, 2015, 01:26:25 PM by Nal »

Cable companies suck; what else can be said?

Comcast is made by the devil himself.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2015, 01:22:52 PM by espio100 »

i love how i get ~150 ping on blockland from japan but in america with comcast i get like 200

edit: if this goes any further I'll just record the calls I have with them to fix this stuff
just a fyi recording calls without the person's consent is illegal

Comcast is made by the devil himself.

this is so accurate it hurts

just a fyi recording calls without the person's consent is illegal
Not under federal law and many state jurisdictions.

I've got to ask...

How's the new house?

Why do you have Comcast in the first place?

Everybody knows that they give literally 0 stuffs about their customers whatsoever.

Why do you have Comcast in the first place?

Everybody knows that they give literally 0 stuffs about their customers whatsoever.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monopoly

i pay $70 a month for this

comcast is alright for me lol

i pay $70 a month for this

i pay $140 a month for this

i honestly have no problems with comcast
except that time when they told our family that they would install the internet stuff today
and they didnt come by
so we called them like "wtf where are your men" and they were like "lol yeah we'll come tomorrow"
and they did it again tomorrow

That doesn't sound like a fun experience at all.

That doesn't sound like a fun experience at all.
no i've had a ton of fun dealing with these people
I've got to ask...

How's the new house?
decent