Crown's Jailbreak [Christmas Event!]

Poll

Who smells best

Niblic
Crown

Author Topic: Crown's Jailbreak [Christmas Event!]  (Read 307593 times)

Fairly certain you're wrong, "prisoners" is in quotes because it refers to the prisoner team, and obviously when the warden says "forgeters go to the line" he means the prisoner team so the rule is fine.
So if I say anything to refer to the prisoner team IE: forgeters, friends, convicts, chicken nuggets, mongols, wallbuilders, etc. they have to follow the orders. What is the point of Rule 30 if I say anything referring to the prisoners team at all then they have to follow my order?

I think some mods need to understand what Rule 30 is. It states:
30. Prisoners must always follow orders given to "prisoners" even if the Warden chooses to call them something else.
If the warden names prisoners "chicken nuggets", then says "all forgeters to the line", Prisoners that go should be killed because he didn't say chicken nuggets nor prisoners. Caden100 has stated that most mods interpret this rule differently, and that naming prisoners is totally stupid and no matter what the warden refers to them as they must follow it. Either adjust the rule, or tell the administrators to follow it please.
Fairly certain you're wrong, "prisoners" is in quotes because it refers to the prisoner team, and obviously when the warden says "forgeters go to the line" he means the prisoner team so the rule is fine.
So if I say anything to refer to the prisoner team IE: forgeters, friends, convicts, chicken nuggets, mongols, wallbuilders, etc. they have to follow the orders. What is the point of Rule 30 if I say anything referring to the prisoners team at all then they have to follow my order?
the rule about naming prisoners is dumb and just creates more problems than there were beforehand; you guys as well as other administration can't even settle on one interpretation so wtf. there's nothing wrong with tricking people with different names and 90% of the time it's people who aren't paying attention or are actually handicapped that die over it and would probably still end up dying later on from something equally easy to avoid.

^^^ naming prisoners isn't a problem at all

there's nothing wrong with tricking people with different names and 90% of the time it's people who aren't paying attention or are actually handicapped that die over it and would probably still end up dying later on from something equally easy to avoid.

this. all you have to do is

and this rule wouldn't be 'problem'

If you're taking out naming the prisoners to trick them, you might as well make it not able to make prisoners named AT ALL. There's no way to trick them and not get in trouble for it.

Edit: Yay, someone with a Prinny avatar above me.

My main issue with the whole naming prisoners thing (and I want personally want it removed) is if the Warden says we are now referred to as grapes if he says "Ok guys everyone go to the pool" do you go? Are we "guys"? I see this occur a lot on the server and I think it would be best if we just remove all confusion and not allow renaming prisoners anymore. It's a pretty lame trick anyway.

I think name-calling is fine, as long as it's within roleplay standards and not malicious. Calling them "Maggots!" or maybe even "Queers!" would be okay if you're going for a full level drill sergeant guard. Calling them "You friend jews!" wouldn't be okay though.

My main issue with the whole naming prisoners thing (and I want personally want it removed) is if the Warden says we are now referred to as grapes if he says "Ok guys everyone go to the pool" do you go? Are we "guys"? I see this occur a lot on the server and I think it would be best if we just remove all confusion and not allow renaming prisoners anymore. It's a pretty lame trick anyway.
and that's where the server staff judges

although if naming is not allowed then it should just be completely removed
I think name-calling is fine, as long as it's within roleplay standards and not malicious. Calling them "Maggots!" or maybe even "Queers!" would be okay if you're going for a full level drill sergeant guard. Calling them "You friend jews!" wouldn't be okay though.
i really don't see what's wrong with that, getting offended by it is kinda pointless

Please, all it does is trick prisoners into dying and confuses staff to a forget-ton most of the time, it's way more trouble than what it's worth.

although if naming is not allowed then it should just be completely removed i really don't see what's wrong with that, getting offended by it is kinda pointless
While it is pointless to get offended, it's always going to happen and most servers will want to prevent that by banning anyone who is spontaneously insulting other users with slurs and derogatory names on a consistent basis.

While it is pointless to get offended, it's always going to happen and most servers will want to prevent that by banning anyone who is spontaneously insulting other users with slurs and derogatory names on a consistent basis.
it's not directed at anyone in particular or anything so it's not like it's blatant flaming
i can understand wardenbanning or muting someone if they renamed prisoners to "mczealot is dumb"s

The naming thing needs to forget off into a hole. There is too much gray area regarding phrases like 'you guys' for example. If you said 'you guys' without renaming prisoners, it would be clear you mean all prisoners by that. But even if you rename them, you still should be able to refer to the whole lot with 'you guys'.

The naming thing needs to forget off into a hole. There is too much gray area regarding phrases like 'you guys' for example. If you said 'you guys' without renaming prisoners, it would be clear you mean all prisoners by that. But even if you rename them, you still should be able to refer to the whole lot with 'you guys'.
i've never seen any warden screw that up and kill prisoners because he said "everyone" rather than their prisoner name

i've never seen any warden screw that up and kill prisoners because he said "everyone" rather than their prisoner name
I've seen it quite a few times and it's rediculous

Thats besides the point. Fact is there are too many phrases that dont really refer to any name but are regarded as such when prisoners are renamed.