Poll

Who would win?

STAG
Blackwatch

Author Topic: STAG VS Blackwatch (Saints Row 3 vs Prototype 2)  (Read 4752 times)

Just started thinking about this for some reason. Who do you think would win in a fight?
I personally think that Blackwatch would win, due to larger control and field experience, having to fight giant mutations and such, while STAG had trouble with a few normal people that had a large amount of weaponry. I do believe it would be a close call due to STAG having better vehicles, though.
So yeah post your opinion on who you think would win.

Blackwatch
Info: http://prototype.wikia.com/wiki/Blackwatch

STAG
Info: http://saintsrow.wikia.com/STAG

STAG is a disjointed yet ridiculously over-funded "Gang-Warfare" Unit that brutally murders anybody and everybody, but they're run by a lunatic and a handicap and they go down like flies since their fancy power-armour is as weak as a diluted brandy.

Blackwatch has this in the bag.

Stag was defeated by gangmembers.

Blackwatch was defeated by people with weird fleshy morphing death arms.

Cyrus Temple was killed by his inability to land a plane.

I really doubt any STAG member will be able to do any better.

Cyrus Temple was killed by his inability to land a plane.
he was shot down

He flew into the homing rockets.
His homing plane flew into the rockets.

Blackwatch seems too specialized for its situation; their psychopathic soldiers, heartless researchers, and the tech they've built up to fight the Blacklight Virus are well suited for something like Prototype's NYC scenario but I doubt they'd bring many advantages in other cases. STAG has better tech, bottom line. It's guns and helicopters against lasers and VTOLs.

It's no contest, Blackwatch would get loving flattened by the giant flying aircraft carrier bristling with cannon emplacements, disintegrated by martian deathray-equipped VTOLs, and ground to gristle by plasma tanks. They may have better training but most of their gear is conventional weaponry that looks like a heap of dog stuff when compared to STAG's arsenal that looks and feels like it belongs in space killing aliens.

Stag was defeated by gangmembers.
The Saints aren't just random gangsters, they're practically the human embodiment of "rule of cool" that steamroll everyone they come across because the plot says so. Next to none of the plans any characters hatch are anything that anyone with a rational mind would even attempt, but of course they work because it's cool and makes for a fun game. Realistically, STAG would not have got their asses kicked by random gangsters but of course they do because it's a Saints Row game and they don't let realism get in the way of a fun scrap.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2015, 10:52:37 AM by Qwepir »

Arguing over what they accomplished in the past (e.g. defeated flesh-murder-monsters or got taken down by a couple bland dolts with hilariously exaggerated popped collars) is a complete waste of time. The true answer to literally every "Who would win in a fight" involving fictional characters is "Whoever the author chooses." I could write a one sentence story about a mouse who defeated Zeus that had no special traits whatsoever, just random chance, and it'd be silly to use that as a basis for arguing that it had favorable odds against Odin. If you take past fights into consideration then all you're left with is a popularity contest, where the people debating are just taking it in turn to hype up the achievements of one of them and belittle the other.

If you want my vote for the popularity contest, I'd have to say the Daedalus edges out the Thermobaric Tank in awesomeness factor, and I still wonder where the people behind Blackwatch found the legions of heartless puppy-kicking starfishs to recruit into their operation, so yeah, STAG again.

VTOLs and laser tanks could easily wreck any structures that the blackwatch have under them.

I must remind people supporting STAG; their leadership is and will always be made up of loving mental cases. They cannot coordinate a successful offensive for stuff, and they do even worse during the defence.

The only things they have are numbers and tech, but the former go down like flies and the later isn't being used to its best.

(Please note, I've only played the Saint's Row franchise. Never touched Prototype, and yet I already bet their guys are better)

I must remind people supporting STAG; their leadership is and will always be made up of loving mental cases. They cannot coordinate a successful offensive for stuff, and they do even worse during the defence.

The only things they have are numbers and tech, but the former go down like flies and the later isn't being used to its best.

(Please note, I've only played the Saint's Row franchise. Never touched Prototype, and yet I already bet their guys are better)
I think most of their failures were more due to their opponent than their tactics. Wasn't much particularly wrong with their approach besides not realizing that they were facing a Sandbox Protagonist, an entity capable of violently disassembling a dozen tanks with one hand behind their back, something Blackwatch was equally guilty of.