ABS FIESTA REDUX

Poll

period race

Author Topic: ABS FIESTA REDUX  (Read 1230435 times)

It is now between three to four months later, in the spring of 4919. Eremit recovered from his stabbing, Walter came away from Botkyrka with a shiny new knife and a couple thousand bucks in his pocket, and Jaakko and Tippy concluded their trip to Kintharia. Word makes it to everyone about the retaking of Kronovostok and the civil unrest resulting from the methods employed during the fighting; the battle of Virrat, a minor success but a welcome shot of morale; and Aesthia's first naval victory against the Goths to happen in the war, off the coast of Skara.

Everyone has been called back to duty and is currently gathered in the pilots quarters of the Tordenskjold as it prepares for takeoff.

Walter is sitting apathetically in one of the secured positions

"My favourite part about this plane."
« Last Edit: April 13, 2017, 11:30:44 AM by Badger »

Cualli, sitting close by Elu, puts her head back on the wall and sighs. "I miss the beach already."

Jaakko finishes securing his personal effects and climbs into his takeoff station.

"This is your favorite part of it all, isn't it?" he asks Tippy.

The carrier begins rumbling and you feel yourselves pressed into your seats as it starts racing down the runway.

Cualli, sitting close by Elu, puts her head back on the wall and sighs. "I miss the beach already."
Elu looks up from his book and you notice someone stuck strategically clipped post its to his head to make it look like he has a pair of angry eyebrows. He speaks up but is barely audible over the noise of takeoff.
: I want to go back to Moratov.

Cualli giggles at the eyebrows on Elu.

"So you can go back to the temple?"

Jaakko finishes securing his personal effects and climbs into his takeoff station.

"This is your favorite part of it all, isn't it?" he asks Tippy.

"No. My favorite part is the descent."

Cualli giggles at the eyebrows on Elu.

"So you can go back to the temple?"
: Yes.

"Well, we'll be back in Moratov again soon, hopefully," Cualli assures him.

Almost as soon as the Tordenskjold is in the air, the drills begin again. After about a week, everyone has become reacclimated to life aboard the carrier and you learn about your first sortie that will take place. A small combined Aerial/Aquatic naval detachment has been deployed from Austerra to replenish losses taken on the Aesthian front, and NAUC's fleet is moving to intercept. The Air Force has been requested to defend against hostile air attacks, as the only remaining Aesthian sea carrier is currently in drydock undergoing repairs.

Expect moderate to high numbers of enemy carrier-based planes and drones. Enemy ships, both aerial and aquatic, are not your squadron's concern at this time.

Walter heads down to the hanger to mount up again in the Sabre for the mission, stepping into the roosterpit and seating himself in he gets accustomed to the new profile of his metal legs. He realizes how can't essentially feel with them, but also that the muscle memory is still prevalent even after losing his lower legs. He lets out a wary sigh anticipating even the slightest difficulty that can impact him while he's flying.

[F]
« Last Edit: April 20, 2017, 08:50:54 AM by Badger »

[F] Jaakko is going on mission.

[F]

Ash puts on his helmet and walks to the hangar.

[F]
Markus dons his flight gear and starts heading out to the hangar, climbing into the Corsair's roosterpit once again. He begins strapping himself in and performing preflight procedures. He spots Walter climbing into his aircraft, and looks more than a little confused.

Wait a minute, how the hell is Ashes cleared to fly? Didn't he lose his legs?

He says nothing and resumes preflight checks.