Poll

period race

Author Topic: ABS FIESTA REDUX  (Read 1244370 times)

"Good hit. Now let's try to track it through the fleets sonar and set up runs prior to it resurfacing."

"Hang on! I'm still in hot!" Feeling the rush, Lorens keeps the pipper held in the same place, chambers the next slug and pulls the trigger. "GUNS!"

"Hang on! I'm still in hot!" Feeling the rush, Lorens keeps the pipper held in the same place, chambers the next slug and pulls the trigger. "GUNS!"
KSM accuracy 50
Aim provides bonus of 10
Invisible target provides penalty of ??
Test taken at ???
Roll: 44 - ????

You see the round splash in the water right where you were aiming, but that's all you see. A splash. Whether it hit the ship beneath the waves or not is beyond your ability to perceive.

Jaakko brings the wrecked Tukreb aboard.

"Snowman, off," Lorens brings the Shiva back to altitude. He reviews his munition stores management system, and realizes how close he's come to overheating the Gauss cannon.

"Coilgun is near overtemp. If you guys want to make an attack run, I've still got 40 R20 for defeating point defense."
« Last Edit: June 10, 2017, 12:26:42 AM by NoZoner »

Ellie prepares to land on the carrier.

Jaakko brings the wrecked Tukreb aboard.
Ellie prepares to land on the carrier.
Both of you land your planes and leave them for the mechanics to deal with.

"Snowman, off," Lorens brings the Shiva back to altitude. He reviews his munition stores management system, and realizes how close he's come to overheating the Gauss cannon.

"Coilgun is near overtemp. If you guys want to make an attack run, I've still got 40 R20 for defeating point defense."

While the cannon cools off and the airmen still in the fight discuss whatever plans they have to deal with the sub, you receive an update from one of the ships.
: Sonar readings indicate the submarine is heading northwest- it may be preparing to attack the lead ship.

"Thanks. Keep us updated on any changes or new contacts."

Walter changes the heading of his plane and reduces the his speed somewhat so he doesn't overshoot the submarine if it decides to surface.

"Hopefully they decide to surface again. I don't know how far our guns can penetrate through water if they decide to resort to torcreeps."

Lorens flies Northwest in anticipation.

"Cannon rounds break up pretty quickly when they hit the water," he responds, "If it stays submersed, we probably won't be able to touch it."

"We don't have any munitions that are specialized either, only thing I can think of is using the timers on scorch's payload. Even then that's not reliable or we don't hav a way knowing if it works."

"Thanks. Keep us updated on any changes or new contacts."

Walter changes the heading of his plane and reduces the his speed somewhat so he doesn't overshoot the submarine if it decides to surface.

"Hopefully they decide to surface again. I don't know how far our guns can penetrate through water if they decide to resort to torcreeps."
A few minutes go by during which the navy makes another attempt to destroy the Octarius with torcreepes. They are unsuccessful, and the sub pulls up alongside the flagship.
: Here it comes, surfacing around ninety meters to port!
: Might as well ram the bastards if they're going to get that close!
: Buddy, if you think crashing your ship into theirs is still a valid strategy you got about a hundred years of naval warfare to catch up on.

: Alright, so I guess that Djuriskas-6 will pair up with Pansar, 8 will pair up with Snowman, and Letterman will pair up with Walt. Make sure to call your targets so they don't end up wasting munitions. Fire off your rockets first, then your partners will fire their AGMs and JSMs at the turrets.

She looks at the display again.

: If everything goes well, you should be able to take out three of those turrets.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2017, 06:09:21 PM by Operator¹ »

"Fire JSM on the bow, the PD is weak and we can take out a turret. Snowman, fire on the central emplacements with me before it fires on the Falkenberg."

Walter aims briefly on the central emplacements and fires off 8 heavy rockets then fires both his heavy cannons

"Snowman, attacking target," Lorens complies. He dives down on the Octarius and fires rockets from both pods down on the central emplacements. Following up, he switches to the coilgun and looses a slug on the middle rotary laser assembly.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2017, 02:27:32 AM by NoZoner »

Jaakko clambers out of the banjaxed Tukreb and doesn't bother to give more than a quick glance at the Tukreb, burnt and warped by the heat and shock of lasers. He heads inside.