ABS FIESTA REDUX

Poll

period race

Author Topic: ABS FIESTA REDUX  (Read 1230046 times)

Bell takes off her helmet before replying to the Marshal.

: What are we picking up from there? More parts for the craft we have aboard or something else?
: Munitions, and some supplies requested to return the Wyvern to combat functionality. Needless to say, we won't be flying all the way to Kintharia, but the oceans out here are too far and too dangerous for their supply submarines to consider.

He looks past you at the state of your plane.
: ...On the topic of combat functionality, I do hope you were not the only one to return from Austerra.

: I lost two of my pilots out there, but the rest of the squadron came back with minor or moderate damage.

She looks back at the nearly totaled flanker.

That's from flying into the tower.

: I lost two of my pilots out there, but the rest of the squadron came back with minor or moderate damage.

She looks back at the nearly totaled flanker.

That's from flying into the tower.
: I take it the operation was a success then?

: The focusing array and reflecting array were both destroyed, so the facility shouldn't pose a threat now.

Jaakko's aircraft, with minimal damage is one of the last to come aboard the carrier.

: The focusing array and reflecting array were both destroyed, so the facility shouldn't pose a threat now.
: Excellent work. Once we get a break in this campaign I'll see that your unit is rightfully exalted. Now, if you'll excuse me, I am needed on the Odslighet.

Walter disembarks from the shikra and comments to his copilot before leaving with a little half salute as he walks away

"Thanks for being my Gunner, I'll remember you if I ever need one again. As for now I'm going to hit the showers after I've handled all my debriefing."

After all is said and done Walter seats himself in the crew quarters common room with a book to wind down a bit before going to get some rest.

Markus brings the damaged Foxbat in for a clean landing. He taxis the jet to its designated spot. Once everything's secured, he climbs out, and waits for Ash and Skytracer to land as well.

The Corsair makes a shaky approach to the carrier deck. Ash pulls the sweep lever back to straighten the wings out. Suddenly, a caution tone he's never heard before starts ringing in his ears, and the fighter slowly starts rolling left and yawing right. He looks over his shoulder to find the port wing stuck in full sweep.

"Mayday, mayday, mayday," Ash calls out, "Carrier, this is Blackeye, I have an in-flight emergency. One of my wings is still stuck in full sweep."

Ash manages to curb the Corsair's adverse behavior by opening the starboard spoiler partway. With the fighter more stable, he now has to deal with the increased stall speed.

Long before any sort of crash can occur, however, the Tordenskjold's tractor beams wrestle the Corsair under control and ensure a safe descent onto the deck. The wheels touch down with a loud chirp, and the fighter is immediately towed into the sky carrier's inner hangar bay.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2017, 11:03:30 PM by NoZoner »

Ellie lands without any issues due to sustaining no damage during the operation. She hops out after the Corsair is parked and waves over at Scorch.

Markus waves back before heading over to her.
"That went well."

"Yeah, but it could've gone better. Not all of us made it back, you know."

Ellie takes off her helmet and wipes off some sweat from her forehead.

"Anyways, I better get something to eat; they might actually have something worth eating now that we're going on this big operation."

As the returning pilots file through into the hangar deck, you notice a small group of off-duty crew (including Cualli, dragged over there by Elu) huddling around two of the KZG engineers. Apparently, they've hooked up a receiver to tap into Mercanan communications being forwarded to the Tordenskjold's CIC and are eavesdropping on the progress of their mission.

"Oh, never mind, that looks more interesting."

Ellie heads over to the group around the KZG engineers to listen in.

Cualli looks over at Elu. "What are you interested in this for?" she asks, but she has a hard time concealing her own interest in the mission progress.