Poll

period race

Author Topic: ABS FIESTA REDUX  (Read 1245618 times)

: I hope you can get the counseling you need when your tour of duty has ended, but for now you shouldn't be worrying about the well-being of someone like that.
Cualli nods but, if anything, she's only thinking about Arkhip more than before.

Why didn't you tell me? Talk to me about it? I would've understood. But Cualli already knows why Arkhip didn't-- couldn't have-- told her.

"Thanks again," she says to the priest. She looks over at Elu and leads him out with her.

: You know what helps with falling asleep, right?

Virvel holds up the now half-empty bottle.

"I Agree, But I don't want to be hungover for tomorrow's sortie." Walter remarks with a slight chuckle to the thought of Himself clambering into whichever aircraft he decides to operate with next.

Cualli nods but, if anything, she's only thinking about Arkhip more than before.

Why didn't you tell me? Talk to me about it? I would've understood. But Cualli already knows why Arkhip didn't-- couldn't have-- told her.

"Thanks again," she says to the priest. She looks over at Elu and leads him out with her.
: That was fast. Are you feeling better yet?

"I Agree, But I don't want to be hungover for tomorrow's sortie." Walter remarks with a slight chuckle to the thought of Himself clambering into whichever aircraft he decides to operate with next.
: Suit yourself!

Virvel pours herself her third glass.

: That was fast. Are you feeling better yet?
Cualli glances at him. "I don't know if I'd say that I feel better just yet, but it's definitely... given me something to think about." She's doesn't want to outright lie to what has practically become her adopted robot child, but she knows that if she confides her realization in Elu, then she would risk him saying something about it where he shouldn't. You know he's a bad liar. It's true that lying through omission is hardly better than a blatant lie, but it's at least something that Cualli doesn't feel quite so bad about.

Cualli glances at him. "I don't know if I'd say that I feel better just yet, but it's definitely... given me something to think about." She's doesn't want to outright lie to what has practically become her adopted robot child, but she knows that if she confides her realization in Elu, then she would risk him saying something about it where he shouldn't. You know he's a bad liar. It's true that lying through omission is hardly better than a blatant lie, but it's at least something that Cualli doesn't feel quite so bad about.
: Good. Are you going to start eating then?

Kommandant enters the pilots' quarters and is met with the sight of three drunk on-duty pilots.
: What the hell are you people doing?

: Good. Are you going to start eating then?
"I suppose I should try to get back into the habit of eating properly," she admits. "Do you want to hit up the mess hall now? I can't remember when I last ate."

"Thanks."

Tippy leans back and stares out the window near her table.

Jaakko looks at the table.

"Its nearly over. I remember asking you forever ago, what are you gonna do when the war's done?" he asks.

Walter startles but isn't stunned by the new arrival, unsure what to say he simply states the obvious instead, guilty with the shot glass still in his hand.

"We're having a drink."

Bell sees Kommandmant enter the pilot quarters while walking down the hall, then she hears the commotion. She decides to poke her head in and see what is happening in there.

Ellie gets a bite to eat from the mess. As she's heading from the line with her tray, she sees Jaakko and Tippy sitting together but decides to sit at a different table.

Markus heads to his bunk and lays down, frustration filling his face.
I barely even knew them... so why am I so bothered by this?
He tries to get some rest, but he figures it's going to be a long night.

"I suppose I should try to get back into the habit of eating properly," she admits. "Do you want to hit up the mess hall now? I can't remember when I last ate."
: Okay.

Walter startles but isn't stunned by the new arrival, unsure what to say he simply states the obvious instead, guilty with the shot glass still in his hand.

"We're having a drink."
: We sortie in less than sixteen hours and you lot are getting drunk? What is wrong with you idiots!? I've known you two to do a lot of stupid, irresponsible things in the past but this takes the cake!
: Sir, I know it's hard to believe, but I actually had nothing to do with this.
: You're right, Frisk, I don't believe you.

As Kommandant prepares to launch into a tirade, you notice the wheels turning in Virvel's head as she opens her mouth to speak.

Bell sees Kommandmant enter the pilot quarters while walking down the hall, then she hears the commotion. She decides to poke her head in and see what is happening in there.
: What's going on in there?

Cualli walks with Elu into the mess hall and grabs a plate of food, finally getting a properly sized portion. She glances around the room. "Where do you want to sit?" she asks Elu.

Bell looks back over at Pansar, answering him before turning back to look at the conversation.
"Oh, it looks like Kommandmant is chewing out Virvel, Frisk, and Walt for drinking."

Ellie waves at Cualli and Elu before she starts eating again.

Jaakko looks at the table.

"Its nearly over. I remember asking you forever ago, what are you gonna do when the war's done?" he asks.

"I might try and settle but I don't think that's even possible. I don't belong anywhere. I might go as far as NAUC can take me and once thats over, find something else to take me farther. I've been hearing reports of a joint unit thats been forming in the Huit territories. If I can't settle I might go in and look for work."

Ellie waves at Cualli and Elu before she starts eating again.
Cualli notices the wave and glances at Elu. "How about there?" She starts walking towards Ellie.