Poll

period race

Author Topic: ABS FIESTA REDUX  (Read 1245377 times)

Bell's expression darkens as she gleans the condition of the two injured pilots from the conversation.

: They weren't so stingy about providing medical care when I got shot down near the Octarius.

Bell's expression darkens as she gleans the condition of the two injured pilots from the conversation.

: They weren't so stingy about providing medical care when I got shot down near the Octarius.

"What are they yelling about?" Jaakko says, taking his eyes off Kommandant and Fang.

: Coma's in pretty bad shape and they don't want let either Pansar or Coma into the medbay for treatment.

"He told me he'd see me in hell. I thought I'd left him waiting for me honestly," Jaakko remarks in sardonic tone.

Bell shakes her head at the remark and looks over at the crew member and SAR team.

: [ I don't really have any room to talk here, but how does a half-dead pilot pose a security risk? She's not just going to get up and walk around your ship. At most she's just going to see the layout of your sickbay. If it's anything like the one I got treated on in the Octarius, then there shouldn't be any sensitive information in there.]

Bell shakes her head at the remark and looks over at the crew member and SAR team.

: [ I don't really have any room to talk here, but how does a half-dead pilot pose a security risk? She's not just going to get up and walk around your ship. At most she's just going to see the layout of your sickbay. If it's anything like the one I got treated on in the Octarius, then there shouldn't be any sensitive information in there.]
: [You be quiet, this doesn't concern you.]
: [Is she wrong, though?]

The crewman flinches, not having heard his captain enter the hangar behind him.
: [They're both sedated, and by the time we reach the home fleet they'll either be dead or still unconscious. They won't be spying on anything, let them through.]

The crewman shoots an angry look at Bell for making him look bad as he steps aside to let the wounded past, while the captain walks to the end of the hangar to close the door in preparation for setting off.
: That worked? What did you tell them?

Bell looks back over at Fang.

: I told them that I think your squadmates aren't just going to get up to cause trouble or take pictures of their top-secret ship.

The trip back to the Indomitus is made mostly in silence, as neither Fang nor Kommandant are willing to engage in conversation. Once near the home fleet, Pansar and Coma are first evacuated to the Indomitus, then the VTOL comes back for the able-bodied pilots, depositing them on the flight deck. Everyone but Jaakko is detained on landing, and notified that a security team will be arriving soon to take them to the brig.

The stretchers catch Walter's attention and he hops down off the crates he was sitting on near the Skepna's looming presence in the hanger. He strolls over to Jaakko to inquire but not before he manages to see the other pilots being offloaded, making the question more rhetorical.

"Wait, If all of those guys are still kicking- Then that means those two were Pansar and... Coma? I would have never thought that she survived that shot."

"Wait, If all of those guys are still kicking- Then that means those two were Pansar and... Coma? I would have never thought that she survived that shot."
Judging by the fact one of the stretchers is still near sitting near the VTOL, its clearly not-pansar-sized occupant covered by a sheet, it's safe to say she ultimately didn't.

"She didn't. Pansar survived eating missiles though. I told Bell that I thought I'd left him waiting for me in hell but apparently he's still here," Jaakko remarks, passing Walt.

Walter glazes over the group of pilots again near the VTOL and receives a peculiar feeling as his lungs turn over in his chest and begin to feel tight again, like they had previously while he was thinking about the previous sortie.

"Oh. Alright. "

Without thinking about it further, his body impulsively pushes himself towards the group and the covered stretcher to affirm for himself, although he already knows the answer.

Walter glazes over the group of pilots again near the VTOL and receives a peculiar feeling as his lungs turn over in his chest and begin to feel tight again, like they had previously while he was thinking about the previous sortie.

"Oh. Alright. "

Without thinking about it further, his body impulsively pushes himself towards the group and the covered stretcher to affirm for himself, although he already knows the answer.
You are standing over the stretcher, and up this close you are even more certain the body resting on it isn't the 6 foot plus-tall Captain Bergmann. Kommandant and Fang's judgmental stares burn into the back of your head.