ABS FIESTA REDUX

Poll

period race

Author Topic: ABS FIESTA REDUX  (Read 1225396 times)

Virvel replies, keeping her voice down too.
: Yeah no problem dude, you handled it like a pro, not suspicious at all.

"I've never been good at that; You and Frisk were the good ones at talking. She or anybody else who wants to know will find out on their own soon enough Anyways. I just don't want to explain why I eviscerated someone's potential family member or friend to pieces and then put it up on the internet."

"[Did we do something wrong? I don't-]"

Markus takes a look around at his surroundings before going further.

"[Oh. Uh, right, won't happen again.]"
: [Give me the camera. You'll get it back later.]
: [Yes, sir.]
: [And turn off that racket, the briefing should be starting soon. Go sit down near Arkhip.]
: [Aw...]

"I've never been good at that; You and Frisk were the good ones at talking. She or anybody else who wants to know will find out on their own soon enough Anyways. I just don't want to explain why I eviscerated someone's potential family member or friend to pieces and then put it up on the internet."
: She's still standing right there, man, shut up!

: She's still standing right there, man, shut up!

Walter looks as if he's to say something more, reluctantly shutting his mouth and sighing with a long breath through his nose

Walter notices Bell and shows a puzzled look, then begins to look around the room for anybody else of interest

Markus takes a seat and waits for the rest of Mjolnir to fire in.

The room finishes filling, and Akja returns to her comrades to pass on what she learned.
: [That Aesthian is dangerous. Were he truly without guilt, he would not have avoided giving a straight answer.]
: [Hmph, I can't say I'm surprised. I'll still give him the benefit of the doubt, maybe he was nervous that denying it outright would be just as suspicious.]
: [What he may or may not have done years ago is irrelevant. Right now, he's on board and ready to fight, and I don't want anyone harassing him and making things worse.]

Another officer arrives at where the Auxiliaries and Raiden are seated, issuing earpieces to the unit and explaining that he will be interpreting the contents of the briefing for those whose first language is not Gothic. Around this time, the room is bathed in a dim green glow as the large monochrome screen at the end of the room flickers to life, displaying the crest Imperial Air Force.

Briefing

: [Your attention please. At 0315 hours, GTO forces from the Aesthian Coalition detonated the nuclear payload of one of their bombers to prevent it from abandoning their formation. Minutes ago, the Aesthian aerial detachment off the coast consolidated and began moving south, their predicted terminus being the Aerospace Defense Command complex in lower Zentragothorum.]

: [We believe their objective is the complete annihilation of the complex, followed by the destruction of Battlegroup Indomitus, destruction of key military targets within Zentragothorum, and finally the sterilization of the entire metropolitan area. brown townysts have estimated the yield of the blast earlier to be in the 200 to 400 kiloton range, and we are aware that each of their larger bombers can carry dozens of known warheads of comparable yield. GTO forces identified so far include four flying carriers, fourteen super-heavy bombers, and over one hundred and fifty fixed-wing small craft.]

: [Most of Battlegroup Indomitus is already positioning itself in the path of the enemy squadron, to either intercept them directly, or force them to divert and take a route that places them more at risk to ground-based air defenses. Detachment Ourossea is moving into position to shore up weaker static defenses to the West, should the Aesthians attempt to move around that way. We will deploy air superiority squadrons from Arx Cypristar fish and the Indomitus, to force the Aesthian fighter contingent to engage.]

: [Parallel to this engagement, strike squadrons will be launched to attack the squadron from the side, accompanied by the stealth destroyers Ardea and Zentragothorum. Now, the unfortunate reality of the situation is that if, or rather when the heavy bombers reach the mainland, each one shot down could kill hundreds on the ground. That is unavoidable. What is avoidable, though, is the kind of death these will rain down upon our capital if they are permitted to complete their objective. Do not take any uneccessary risks trying to shoot them down early just because it will cause less damage to the city. Make sure you live to shoot them down at all.]

: [The goal of this strike mission is to weaken the Aesthian heavy squadron in preparation for it making contact with Battlegroup Indomitus. Ideally, the squadron will adjust course towards the west to distance themselves from Detachment Ardea and the direction of the strike missions, causing them to enter primary weapons range of Detachment Ourossea as well. If they have lost their numerical advantage by that point, the Aerial Fleet should be able to destroy every superheavy bomber before they reach their objective.]

: [We will also have two AWACS craft to provide electronic support and midair resupplies. Unfortunately, there are too many planes for the AWACS units to resupply at once, so priority will be given to the air superiority squadrons. Strike craft will have to return to Indomitus to rearm, barring special circumstances.]

: [Finally, it is imperative that you properly identify your targets during this sortie. Civilian air traffic is at an all-time high as people are evacuating the metro area. There are hundreds of helicopters flying about below 2 kilometers, ZAC has redirected all incoming flights and is trying to get as many people off the ground as they can, and two AFMF industrial haulers have set down in the coliseum. Don't go below 5000 meters, and make sure you don't shoot down any airliners that may have gotten lost in the confusion.]

As the screen returns to the display of the crest, the Wing Commander holds his hand up, palm facing outwards and elbow at a 90 degree angle. The interpreter doesn't translate what follows.
: Vulthus Austerra.

Every other pilot, sans Raiden, rises up from their seats, standing at attention and placing their arm horizontally across their chest as they belt out the reply in unison.
: Vansei Gutiskereik!

The Wing commander drops his arm back to his side and dismisses the room.
: Auxiliaries, come down and see me.

Walter stands up shortly after and begins to head down to the Commander with the rest of the squadron, leaning up against a small table with his arms crossed as he waits for the remainder of people to take place so the Commander can say whatever orders or words he has for the Auxillary.

Markus makes his way down to the commander as well.

Lorens and Ash look at each other briefly, then get up from their seats. The two head down to where the commander is standing.

Bell and Ellie trail down to where the commander is.

: First of all, Auxiliaries, I would like to introduce Captain Ajka Gerowitz. She will be accompanying you on this mission, during which you will operate under the callsign "Kobalt". Despite her rank, she will be subordinate to Auxiliary Kirves' command. We understand that you come from a background which offered you a large degree of autonomy, so we are going to let you decide where your role in the operation will be; be it joining the air-to-air squadrons engaging the enemy fighters, the strike squadrons attacking the enemy fleet, or the drones in defending our airships.

"I can put my Skepna to use on the Aesthian airships. I imagine the imperial airships won't be under too much threat with Thunderbolts out of the picture. I'm thinking if we bolster hitting those Aesthian airships it will benefit the rest of the fronts."

"I agree with Walt, we'd be more effective fighting their airship force, especially if we have the Skepna."

"We'll go with the strike squadron, sir," Jaakko replies.

: Very good. Get to your planes on deck three and await orders to take off. You and the Kintharians will be the last to launch, to reduce the chance of an accident occuring.

Your planes and Raiden's are already parked next to each other on the flight deck as the crews hurriedly perform the final checks on the tightly-packed elephant walk in the middle of the runway. The Kintharians themselves are standing around next to the Shikra, waiting for the order to mount up.

Jaakko lowers himself into his replacement Tukreb. The craft didn't feel like his own. His thoughts block out the whistling and screaming din of engines of the aircraft parked nose-to-tail waiting for launch. The mission ahead felt like some of his first engagements, anxiety crushing his chest. Uncertainty it was, as it was always that concerned him. Jaakko had given up everything to be here. He wanted nothing that the Imperials had to offer. He wanted only to be alive and for his effort not to have been in vain.

He remembers Kommandant's accusation of cowardice.

Jaakko is fearful. It isn't misplaced, he thinks to himself. Jaakko is fearful of many things. He is fearful of dying, and he is fearful of his world ending. If pain is a great motivator, could the fear of pain, or just fear, be equally powerful?

Fear certainly wouldn't let Jaakko allow the Aesthians and the Imperials to end the world, let alone his world.

An aircrewman comes up the ladder to help assure that Jaakko in his seat and ready. The man looks Jaakko over, secures him, and gives him a nod. A marshaller steps out in front of the Tukreb, and begins signalling Jaakko.

Jaakko's thoughts quiet. He had his foot in the door. There was nothing more to deliberate about.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2018, 08:03:25 PM by Mr. Hurricane »