Poll

period race

Author Topic: ABS FIESTA REDUX  (Read 1242930 times)

"Copy!"

Jaakko redirects his attention to the ground, calling on multiple channels, seeing if any of them lead him in to contact with friendly ground forces.

Mission Theme

Walt fires on 1-4 and then checks his surrounding for anyone attempting to tail him.
1-4 goes down in flames and many, many pieces.

"Walt, stay on 'im!" Richard breezes past the Rafale and heads straight for the bandit tailing Tempest. He fires all three guns.
All three guns hit center mass, and the Rafale is destroyed in an instant.

Jaakko cloaks and moves on to more pressing matters.
"Sabre, do you need assistance or can I assist the ground forces?!" Jaakko yells.
"Crash, Sabre, negative! Continue supporting the ground forces!"
"Copy!"
Jaakko redirects his attention to the ground, calling on multiple channels, seeing if any of them lead him in to contact with friendly ground forces.
: Mjolnir, this is Tower, we've got walkers and infantry inside the base perimiter, and another flight of enemy planes inbound! Advise you fall back and restock at COMRO before they cut you off- stuff!

The transmission cuts abruptly, as a walker starts firing on the control tower windows with a pulse laser.

Gus breaks off and performs evasive maneuvers.
PAK FA base EV 78
Experience provides bonus of 2
HSM provides penalty of 25
Test taken at 55
Roll: 36 - success
Roll granted by supermaneuverable: 58 - failure
Test passed

You evade the incoming missile, and the enemy plane tries locking back on to you again.

Making matters worse, said other flight of planes has entered the area, same direction as the skirmish and attack wings.
: [Oh, if only Adrian and Major Coaxoch were still around to see this!]

Tippy scales the massive machine and crawls into the roosterpit only to realize there was an access ladder literally right near it. She rolls her eyes and slides into the seat to give the controls a look-over.
Pulling yourself up to the roosterpit, you get a good look at the controls and are bewildered as to how familiar they are. To the left, there's a throttle; the right, a control stick; on the floor in front of the seat are two pedals; there's even an ignition switch in a very similar position to the one in the Jaguar. Owing to your skill of basic inference, you can hazard a guess as to what everything does (throttle controls speed, stick controls head movement, pedals steer). Where you would expect the landing gear toggle to be, there is instead a switch labeled with tape reading "DOCKING CLAMP RELEASE".
« Last Edit: March 16, 2017, 08:10:20 PM by Qwepir »

"G- Gods help us!" Jaakko cries.

He decloaks and opens the cloak's heat vents.

"COMRO Control, AAM's, as many as the Fenrir can take!"

Jaakko jettisons all but two of his AAMs, including the MMS-20.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2016, 10:40:28 PM by Mr. Hurricane »

Walt heeds the warning and heads to COMRO to resupply 6 RGM's

"back in a moment, stocking up"

Walt checks his surroundings again

Gus unloads the LCPs into the Sabre before breaking off back to the tower for COMRO.

"Someone get this forgeter off me!"

"Hang on, Tempest!" The Talon moves and gains aspect on the Vanguard. Bright lights color the roosterpit as all three energy weapons go off.

psst all of my missiles are spent
« Last Edit: February 29, 2016, 10:44:07 PM by NoZoner »

I look up (after we deal with the whole snake problem).
"Ark help us all."

Tippy resists temptation to release the docking clamp before asking.
"uhhh Pago, do i want to release the clamp before or after you load the ammo?"

Tippy resists temptation to release the docking clamp before asking.
"uhhh Pago, do i want to release the clamp before or after you load the ammo?"
He shouts back across the hangar.
: Do that last, after you've powered up the engine!
« Last Edit: March 16, 2017, 08:10:46 PM by Qwepir »

Tippy finds the ignition and switches it on

"G- Gods help us!" Jaakko cries.
He decloaks and opens the cloak's heat vents.
"COMRO Control, AAM's, as many as the Fenrir can take!"
Jaakko jettisons all but two of his AAMs, including the MMS-20.
You are resupplied.

Walt heeds the warning and heads to COMRO to resupply 6 RGM's
"back in a moment, stocking up"
Walt checks his surroundings again
You're home free.

Gus unloads the LCPs into the Sabre before breaking off back to the tower for COMRO.
Sabre base EV 73
Experience provides bonus of 4
Test taken at 77
PAK FA base EV 78
Experience provides bonus of 2
Test taken at 80
Sabre rolls to evade: 22 - Success by 5 degrees
Roll granted by Supermaneuverable: 93 - Failure
PAK FA rolls to pursue: 78 - Success by 0 degrees
Roll granted by Supermaneuverable: 13 - Success by 6 degrees

The Sabre attempts to break free, but gets put down by the pulse lasers.

"Hang on, Tempest!" The Talon moves and gains aspect on the Vanguard. Bright lights color the roosterpit as all three energy weapons go off.
The PPC hits the enemy plane, but the beam lasers miss. Regardless, it's enough to force it to abandon its pursuit.

Tippy finds the ignition and switches it on
: Wait! Wait for us to load that up before you go anywhere!

As Pags and Yukamo make their way back across the hangar pushing the ammo cart, one of the walkers outside fires in at them. You've seen what lasers do to enemy vehicles, and you've seen the family-friendly laser blasters on television programs growing up, but watching the effects of a pulse laser on a living, unarmored target is nothing short of horrifying. Pags is hit in the side of his torso, and with an ear-splitting crack, a chunk of his body is explosively flash-converted into plasma. There is no instant cauterization, or anything of the sort that Space Adventure 5035 would have led you to believe, only a flash of light and a gaping crater through which you can see his organs dislodge onto the floor. Yukamo screams and abandons the ammo cart to run towards safety, nearly making it out of the line of fire before she gets caught in the left arm. Shards of bone are blasted against the rear hangar wall as her limb is completely destroyed up to her shoulder. She is nearly knocked off her feet, but manages to maintain her balance and stumble into cover nearby, clutching her bleeding stump.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2017, 08:11:05 PM by Qwepir »

As Pags and Yukamo make their way back across the hangar pushing the ammo cart, one of the walkers outside fires in at them. You've seen what lasers do to enemy vehicles, and you've seen the family-friendly laser blasters on television programs growing up, but watching the effects of a pulse laser on a living, unarmored target is nothing short of horrifying. Pags is hit in the side of his torso, and with an ear-splitting crack, a chunk of his body is explosively flash-converted into plasma. There is no instant cauterization, or anything of the sort that Space Adventure 5035 would have led you to believe, only a flash of light and a gaping crater through which you can see his organs dislodge onto the floor. Yukamo screams and abandons the ammo cart to run towards safety, nearly making it out of the line of fire before she gets caught in the left arm. Shards of bone are blasted against the rear hangar wall as her limb is completely destroyed up to her shoulder. She is nearly knocked off her feet, but manages to maintain her balance and stumble into cover nearby, clutching her bleeding stump.

WAKE ME UP

"I appreciate the help, Geary, now let's get the forget back to base." Gus floors it back to the tower to resupply with two AAMs and as many RGMs as the PAK FA can fit. To make space, he jettisons the MMS.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2016, 11:30:38 PM by CypherX »

"Don't thank me yet. We still need to make it out of this loving mess."

Richard pulls the trigger one last time to finish the Vanguard off before turning tail and hauling ass back to base.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2016, 11:33:29 PM by NoZoner »

WELL forget ME SIDEWAYS
I continue trying to figure out how to kill the snake.

once resupplied Walt heads after attacker 1-5

"I'll take care of him while you top off."