Poll

period race

Author Topic: ABS FIESTA REDUX  (Read 1232398 times)

Jaakko shifts his weight to the other leg.

"Bus should come by soon. Hope you guys have it easy from here on. Take care," He says to Raiden.

He looks to Gus.

"See you in two weeks, Captain," Jaakko says.

He turns to his dogs.

"Jalko, Talko, Salute," he orders.

Talko sits and brings his front leg up to his head awkwardly. He is flexible enough to actually get his leg to his head and hold it for a moment before bringing it back down. Jalko half-assedly brings his paw next to his head, and drops it. Jaakko grins. Good enough.

"Been working on that one for a while," he comments.

Tippy adjust a few settings for the next shot and aims to take out the next target, this time aiming for a torso shot.
This time, you blow a sizable chunk off of the upper torso. After the shot, you hear someone behind you shout "What the forget was that?"

Jaakko shifts his weight to the other leg.
"Bus should come by soon. Hope you guys have it easy from here on. Take care," He says to Raiden.
Xiaomei manages to muster a grunt and a nod.
: Thank you, we hope you'll be safe as well.

He turns to his dogs.
"Jalko, Talko, Salute," he orders.
Talko sits and brings his front leg up to his head awkwardly. He is flexible enough to actually get his leg to his head and hold it for a moment before bringing it back down. Jalko half-assedly brings his paw next to his head, and drops it. Jaakko grins. Good enough.
"Been working on that one for a while," he comments.
Yamashiro raises an eyebrow at the spectacle of dogs attempting to salute, and Musashi smiles and claps for them.

"Bye," Jaakko says.

He heads out, dogs at his side, boards the bus for the airport, then is on his way to Mercana. Jaakko notes along the way that this will be the first time the dogs have ever flown.

"That was the effect of magnetic fluid..." Tippy mutters to herself lining up the next shot.

Tippy picked the trick shot target all the way at the end of the range. It was a small red disk and the hardest to hit.

Tippy keeps the rifle trained on the target but doesn't fire or say a word.

Suddenly she was surrounded by a freezing snow, with her elbows propped up on the edge of an overturned tank. A fire burned intensely off to her left side and singed her brow. She couldn't make any sudden movements or flee from the flames, a sharpshooter was targeting her crew who were currently hiding behind another destroyed MBT. The last thing she remembered after their tank broke down was the trek across the field and their officer falling over dead with a hole in his head. Tippy quickly grabbed his carbine which was the only thing she had available to her and shouted to her team to take cover. Now there they were, halfway across a virtually unoccupied no mans land with their names written all over some psychopaths rifle, with a folding carbine for self defense.

Tippy felt her commander throw himself up against her cover, breathing spastically.

"Dammit! First the minefield and now this. What kind of starfish is setup in this dump taking pot shots at us."

Tippy didn't respond to his distress but rather scouted carefully for any sign of the sniper. A loud "PING" sounded out against her cover and she quickly ducked down again.

"Ok. He's out there, I just need to find him. But we need more than just that." she stated

Tippy's commander nodded.

"Agreed. The carbine doesn't have much of a chance but its what we have. We need more firepower or at least a distraction."

He made a hand motion over to one of his hiding crew and a short man came tumbling out from cover, crashing through the snow. He slammed up against the hard metal surface of the tank and threw up his hands to the raging fire nearby.

"Good gods thats hot. My eyelashes are probably singed off now." he said in a thick accent.

Todd, which was the name of their commanding officer, tossed him a satchel.

"Marco, you're not gonna like what I have to say-"

Marco threw up his hand.

"Say no more, I'm small and you need me to draw fire right?"

Todd shrugged.

"More or less. Nearest cover is that downed technical across the way. If we can pinpoint where the shooter is Tippy will have a fair shot."

Tippy wore a concerned look on her face.

"This is a stupid idea. They probably know we'd try that..."

"Too late!" Marco shouted dashing to the technical.

"Marco!" Tippy cried, horrified.

The real world sucked Tippy back in and she looked up from the scope blinking. She was back at the range and a group of people starred at her as well as Morten. She sat up and massaged her temples.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2016, 02:31:43 PM by Tayasaurus »

"See you, Jaakko."

Gus smiles in response to the dogs.

"That was the effect of magnetic fluid..." Tippy mutters to herself lining up the next shot.

Tippy picked the trick shot target all the way at the end of the range. It was a small red disk and the hardest to hit.

Tippy keeps the rifle trained on the target but doesn't fire or say a word.

The real word sucked Tippy back in and she looked up from the scope blinking. She was back at the range and a group of people starred at her as well as Morten. She sat up and massaged her temples.
: You alright in there?

"Bye," Jaakko says.

He heads out, dogs at his side,
Xiaomei catches up to you before you leave the base.
: Crash. I need to speak with you. In private.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2016, 02:17:58 PM by Qwepir »

: You alright in there?
"Uh... yeah. Yeah I'm fine."

Tippy looks down the scope again and focuses on the target. She regains a steady aim and fires.

Jaakkos daydreaming of his vacation is delayed.

The dogs are happy to see Xiaomei.

"What is it?" He replies.

"Uh... yeah. Yeah I'm fine."

Tippy looks down the scope again and focuses on the target. She regains a steady aim and fires.
After the shot, there's nothing of the upper body left on the target. Someone else walks up and asks Tippy in person "Just what the hell is that thing?"

Jaakkos daydreaming of his vacation is delayed.
The dogs are happy to see Xiaomei.
"What is it?" He replies.
Xiaomei waits until the two of you are in your office to say what she has to say.

Jaakko hears her out, discusses it, reaches a conclusion. He wishes Xiaomei well, and continues to his trip.

After the shot, there's nothing of the upper body left on the target. Someone else walks up and asks Tippy in person "Just what the hell is that thing?"
Xiaomei waits until the two of you are in your office to say what she has to say.
Tippy looks at the person asking and then looks back to the rifle.

"I'll be quite honest. I don't exactly know. I don't think i've checked for any markings on the side or a name. I picked this up during a salvage operation on an enemy base. I had only handled these once before but they were under strict federal control at the time. I'm surprised I even found some ammo for this thing."

right, things are going too slowly, unfortunately i'm gonna have to skip ahead

It is now three weeks later. Raiden has returned to Kintharia, with Coaxoch in tow; while Mjolnir, Djuriskas, and the ground crews have assembled at the Tandhjulsken construction yards to get acquainted with their new home before it leaves for its first deployment. The A.F.S. Tordenskjold is currently parked inside one of Tandhjulsken's several gargantuan hangars, looming over its future occupants (you guys) standing at the entrance. You have all been told that there will be a more formal briefing later in the day, but for now you are tentatively allowed off the leash to inspect (almost) whatever part of the airship you want to at your own pace. Pansar and Kommandant are making a trek to the nearest boarding hatch, Virvel and Frisk are standing next to the row of massive wheels composing a section of the port landing gear, and Eremit and Elu are still hanging around with the rest of the group at the hangar entrance.

Tippy, having found her way on top of the massive landing gear somehow, makes weird noises at Frisk down below.

Walter walks over to Virvel and Frisk, uninterested of the interiors of the airship at the moment.

Walter walks over to Virvel and Frisk, uninterested of the interiors of the airship at the moment.
Virvel hops up to sit inside the rim of the wheel.
: What d'you reckon is bigger, these things or the ones on those huge mining trucks?
: I dunno, it's pretty big, but-

Tippy, having found her way on top of the massive landing gear somehow, makes weird noises at Frisk down below.
He glances up at Tippy.
: I'm pretty sure the dump trucks' are big-

Tippy makes weird noises at Frisk
: Are bigger. Tippy, what the hell are you doing?