Author Topic: Unreal Engine out for Free  (Read 3613 times)

so are there specific specs needed to play unreal engine games, or is it determined by the game itself? i can't code worth of stuff, so i have no use for it.

Well, you DO need the minimum specs of the engine to badly play any game made with that engine.

What? When did I complain about old languages? All I said is that I hated C#.

But why, though? It's just like java.

What if you hate Java?

That's exactly the problem. I find them to be ugly and mindwrecking.

Eww, I hate Java but love C#. Java is just a mess when you get rolling with C#

Great now unity 5 is free with no royalties...

Competitions 101 right here folks.

so are there specific specs needed to play unreal engine games, or is it determined by the game itself?
There a minimum specs determined by the engine itself, but the recommended specs are specific to each individual game.

i can't code worth of stuff, so i have no use for it.
Unreal prides itself on its Visual Scripting system called "Blueprint", which is a huge improvement over the old Kismet due to both flexibility and speed.

Unity fails to have such a system by default, and this is a huge failing on their part. Blueprint is extremely simply to use, VERY powerful, lots of fun and is build into all the subsystems; for example, so long as you understand the basics of Blueprint, you can very easily make animations or materials.

They unlocked the profiler to free versions of unity, bye unreal it was fun while it lasted.

What if you hate Java?
Java has ugly syntax in some cases and has a lot of things about it that makes it bad (Like having to use String.equals(String) instead of just using ==)
C# has almost all of those ugly syntaxes gone, has a ton of features added onto it to make programming easier, and most of the quirks that make Java bad are also gone

They unlocked the profiler to free versions of unity, bye unreal it was fun while it lasted.
Unreal has a much more complex profiling set of tools that have always been available, even since UDK/Unreal 3.

Unreal has a much more complex profiling set of tools that have always been available, even since UDK/Unreal 3.
plus the UE4 source code is available for free

I never actually left unity, i'm just saying they unlocked most of the big things that where once locked.

Edit: I just did some research and apparently there are no more limitations in the free version now.
http://unity3d.com/unity/personal-edition
« Last Edit: March 03, 2015, 02:28:41 PM by Rainzx¹ »

I never actually left unity, i'm just saying they unlocked most of the big things that where once locked.
I don't know if it's enough to save them, though. Their interface and systems are basic and I may be incorrect, but I believe they're closed source. I don't have fun developing in Unity like I do in Unreal.