Author Topic: so mcdonalds is accusing me of theft  (Read 3260 times)

so ive been working at mcdonalds for about a year now. about a month ago i was at mcdonalds right when school was out. the waters at this place are free, they give u a cup and you go fill it at the drink fountain. so i got my cup and filled it with water.

today i went to check the schedule and one of the managers calls me into the office. she had a disciplinary action form with my name on it and the text "THEFT" in bigass letters.

apparently one of the employees reported that i stole soda from the store. they think i grabbed soda that day instead of the water. there are no cameras pointed at the drink fountain, so we cant prove or disprove this.

im extremely upset about this not only cos it makes me look like a dirtbag thief. but cos my dream job (and the one ive devoted a huge portion of my life to obtaining) is law enforcement. so now i could be stuck with this on my record.

another concern is if all it takes is for one employee to accuse another of theft for this too happen. that means im one step away of being fired for theft. because they only give u two chances.

i have never stolen anything from this store, and never intend to. i believe "inocent until proven guilty" but im not sure this store believes the same.

the only chance i have to make this go away is pleading to a manager named "Geneva"... and she hates me for no reason.

what a bunch of mcdonalds scumbags

if i can make this go away then i plan on quitting

the way they treat their employess is stuffty enough. id rather be out 80 bucks a month than have that on my record

my friends buy a big soda cup and then keep getting refills for free non stop. my friend kept his cup for like a week straight. they never check that stuff lol

All posts from 3/5/15 or before are now deleted.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2015, 05:16:57 PM by Xhozer »

StarKiller, come to Argentina. McDonalds here have no free refills. This wouldn't have happened.

StarKiller, come to Argentina. McDonalds here have no free refills. This wouldn't have happened.
Please stop with the 'argentina is the best' bullstuff.

Star, this shouldn't stop you from being in the law enforcement. Its not like they are going to be like "Dear god! You soda thief!"

There is literally no way for you to be charged with the crime without evidence. A single accusation can't affect your criminal record; it can only get you fired.
They must have evidence "beyond a reasonable doubt" or the charge will be dropped.

tldr; it's a scare tactic. don't admit to anything.

There is literally no way for you to be charged with the crime without evidence. A single accusation can't affect your criminal record; it can only get you fired.
They must have evidence "beyond a reasonable doubt" or the charge will be dropped.

tldr; it's a scare tactic. don't admit to anything.
thanks. i knew without evidence they cant charge me with theft. i just needed a little reassurance.

i'm pretty sure argentina itself has no free refills

No. :c

But on the bright side, no one can acuse you of soda-refilling theft.

thanks. i knew without evidence they cant charge me with theft. i just needed a little reassurance.
Considering that its only a cup of soda what the hell would it even go under? 'Grand theft carbonated drink'

why would you want to go to a second world country for free refills

What i dont understand is why they are freaking out about 1 cup of soda. It only costs maybe a few pennies.