Do Drama Topics Really Do Anything?

Author Topic: Do Drama Topics Really Do Anything?  (Read 5427 times)

I know I'm totally going to regret making this, but since when did a drama topic actually sort something out?

Who wants to read through up to 40 pages of unnecessary arguments just to ban someone for a few weeks? And when was the last time someone was actually banned because of a drama topic made towards them?

The drama board is pretty much a reality show

A lot of people have been exposed and put to rest because of drama, a fine example is Ms.Terra's stuffty shenanigans.
Alternatively, its also used to spread awareness of problem users. Typically, if you see their name in here you know they're no good.

The most prominent purpose it has is to serve as a PSA board warning users of particular users' problems.

Drama threads are really more of a way to alert the forum to a specific user's behavior. Occasionally this gets them banned, but it's not common. There are two instances that's happened that stick out in my mind, in which we saw c make a mook of himself and taboo waste his 3rd account in like, three days. Actual bans really only happen to the dumbest of the dumb, though, by this point most people should be smart enough not to post in their own drama thread.

Yeah, they can have some use.
As Qwepir pointed out and evidenced, they do get some people banned from the forums.

There have also been people banned from the game for their actions.

And then occasionally you will find that two users who had a problem can come to forgive each other and apologise and fix what they did, or stop doing it.

Then there's the fact that it makes people aware of problem users (this is more helpful in regards to problem users in-game).

And finally, it acts as a place for drama to go, hopefully (although not always) diverting it away from spilling over into lots of other topics.

Most dramas I see are mostly if not, entirely subjective. It is one person putting down another person because that person simply dislikes him. Most dramas are opinions based on evidence. There will always be that small group that opposes the majority.

But some dramas however, are facts. A fact is something that is indisputably true. Take some servers that kick everyone that joins for example. Because the host kicks everyone that joins, it is a fact. Some dramas are facts but some are entirely subjective.

I think of drama as a place to vent. But, in this version of venting, people can share their opinions on what you're venting about.

So in conclusion, dramas sometimes do something or fail to do something. If the drama is indisputably true, action will most likely be taken.

It got rid of betel and the nigerian cunts. Wich is nice.

zanaran vs altern round 2 isn't really going anywhere

it's just an endless back and forth bullstuff fest which is why I backed out

it's just an endless back and forth bullstuff fest which is why I backed out
ye

Cause he was KO'ed in round 1.

Cause he was KO'ed in round 1.
congrats, you won an internet debate. want a cookie?