Author Topic: TotalRPG - Full featured RPG event system (HUD Extension support)  (Read 36041 times)

I'm not sure this works for me. I'll try it again though.

EDIT: Ok it works for me.
DOUBLE EDIT: Ok, so Pecon? If you're going to do it that way, then make the second box be the event numbers that uses that and only that event line. Example:
[0] OnActivate->Self->CheckItemMoreThan [R1, 1, R2, 2] [1 3]
[1] OnHasSufficientItem->Client->addRPGItem [R1] [-1]
[2] OnHasSufficientItem->Client->AddRPGItem [R2] [-2]
[3] OnHasInsufficientItem->Client->ChatMessage ["You don't have enough!"]

And then future onHasSufficientItem calls will not check to see if you have the above.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2015, 03:00:28 PM by EV0_ »

The sellRPGItem event isn't working for me.

pecon i absolutely loving love this lol

EDIT: Pecon, make it so that there's another parameter for the check events where you type in which event numbers use that checkEvent.
Requires hacking up the event system, I probably won't be taking the time to figure out how to do this correctly.

Requires hacking up the event system, I probably won't be taking the time to figure out how to do this correctly.
Maybe look at Event_PromptEvents...?

I think you finally made it easy for me to make my thing i have been trying to make for so long

i cannot describe my happiness in words thank you

Edit:
I just tested it and assuming i can make a good way to make money i can do something i have been trying for 1 and a half years
« Last Edit: March 17, 2015, 07:04:11 PM by MoltenKitten »

Honestly, there is almost never a case where a custom currency actually sounds any good. You end up getting Zapkcoins and Aokidollars all over the place. Every respectable RPG game uses gold as it's currency, there isn't much reason not to. If you really want to though I'll make the currency name a preference in the next update.
Ah right, a couple of self-inserts is all it takes to reduce customization. Nevermind credits for futuristic RPGs, or dollars if someone wanted to make a modern RPG. Gotta be the medieval RPG standard.

Ah right, a couple of self-inserts is all it takes to reduce customization. Nevermind credits for futuristic RPGs, or dollars if someone wanted to make a modern RPG. Gotta be the medieval RPG standard.
Dude. He already added it.

This is a great Add-On. One suggestion for this would be to add this event.

RemoveRPGItem [ITEM] [AMOUNT]

I know that there is a RemoveRPGKeyItem of sorts, but that event (I think.) is for Quest Items. This event that I'm suggesting could be used for crafting or making potions. When you smith a weapon requiring 2 Iron Bars, for instance, SellRPGItem is not a smart choice due to the fact that it sells ALL of that specific item in the player's inventory. Also, it is illogical to sell the ores in this case because it will likely say "You sold 7 Iron Ore for 0 Gold". I'm thinking of making a 6-8 Player Dungeon RPG using this system for Skills and Items, but when I was getting to the crafting, this is where I ran into problems.

This is a great Add-On. One suggestion for this would be to add this event.

RemoveRPGItem [ITEM] [AMOUNT]

I know that there is a RemoveRPGKeyItem of sorts, but that event (I think.) is for Quest Items. This event that I'm suggesting could be used for crafting or making potions. When you smith a weapon requiring 2 Iron Bars, for instance, SellRPGItem is not a smart choice due to the fact that it sells ALL of that specific item in the player's inventory. Also, it is illogical to sell the ores in this case because it will likely say "You sold 7 Iron Ore for 0 Gold". I'm thinking of making a 6-8 Player Dungeon RPG using this system for Skills and Items, but when I was getting to the crafting, this is where I ran into problems.
You can already do this, just enter a negative value for the addRPGItem event.

You can already do this, just enter a negative value for the addRPGItem event.

Makes sense, I did use a negative value in AddGold to take the gold from players buying a Weapon. I will give this one a shot when I go back to work on it some more! Cool, thanks Pecon.

Would it be possible to make a command that lets you check key items?