Author Topic: TotalRPG - Full featured RPG event system (HUD Extension support)  (Read 36404 times)

There are some issues with this, reasonably you would expect leveling up to be harder once you get to Higher levels. however the same amount of EXP is required every time you level.

ex.

I'm level 50 To get to Level 51 I need 200 xp

I'm level 5 To get to Level 6 I need 200 xp

Been trying to find simple work around but VCE Is still the best option."

Another thing that I should state is that The skill you acquire lets say WOODCUTTING isn't VCE Compatible, so if say you wanted to check your EXP Through a brick or use it for something else   <var:client:WOODCUTTING> Does not work.
THere's an event to check skill level.

I did not notice the 200 exp curve you're talking about. I actually implemented the Runescape level algorithm, which has a very extreme curve.

this. is. amazing! this is sure to encourage some good servers

I did not notice the 200 exp curve you're talking about. I actually implemented the Runescape level algorithm, which has a very extreme curve.

I'm not sure what you mean I don't have an extreme curve I mean sure yea the EXP req's go up but your Exp stays the same through out instead of going back down to 0.

I'm not sure what you mean I don't have an extreme curve I mean sure yea the EXP req's go up but your Exp stays the same through out instead of going back down to 0.
This is how it also works in Runescape. The XP requirement raises by a more significant amount each level. Your total collected XP is never reset, but it still takes more XP each level.

basically, rather than having a function which decides how much EXP it takes to get from level A to level A+1, you have a function which tells you what amount of total experience is needed to be at level A

though it's not entirely necessary to make that evident to the end-user since translating it into A->A+1 is pretty trivial and that scale is something which is more intuitive to most people

Would you give a link to event_prompt for me? When I went to the Addon page for it, the link for downloading it was broken.

Would you give a link to event_prompt for me? When I went to the Addon page for it, the link for downloading it was broken.
http://lugnut.co.vu/add_ons/Event_PromptEvents.zip

I have added support for "HUD extensions", which allows you to add your own values to the HUD without needing to overwrite it completely.

Usage:
addTotalRPGHudExtension(%method, %target, %value, %name, %arg)

%method: A string of either "value" or "method" which determines what will be used to retrieve the value for the HUD item. "value" will look for a normal tagged string on the object in question, while "method" will call the specified method on the object and use it's return value.

%target: A string of either "player", "client", or "minigame", which will be the target of retrieval for the HUD value.

%value: A string which represents either the name of the value to get from the object, or the name of the method to call on the object.

%name: The string which will be the "Name" of this value on the HUD. Prefix with a color in order to give it a unique color on the HUD.

%arg: A single argument to be passed onto the method call. Does nothing if %method is "value".

Example:
addTotalRPGHUDExtension("method", "player", "getEnergyLevel", "Energy", "");
...Will add the player's jet energy to their HUD.

« Last Edit: October 19, 2017, 07:12:03 PM by Pecon »

I have added support for "HUD extensions", which allows you to add your own values to the HUD without needing to overwrite it completely.

A quick thing I made, TotalRPG_Hunger.

Adds hunger to TotalRPG, use /eat food amount to eat the amount of food you specify. Super Admins can use /addfoodtype food effect to add a new food type, which save and load. It removes the item you ate when you eat it, and you die when your hunger hits 0. Hunger doesn't reset when you Self Delete, either.

BLESS. YOUR. SOUL.

A quick thing I made, TotalRPG_Hunger.

Adds hunger to TotalRPG, use /eat food amount to eat the amount of food you specify. Super Admins can use /addfoodtype food effect to add a new food type, which save and load. It removes the item you ate when you eat it, and you die when your hunger hits 0. Hunger doesn't reset when you Self Delete, either.
How do you get food?

How do you get food?

Whoops, I totally didn't see this. Food is just like any other item, and the host or a super admin can make an item be edible with the /addfoodtype food effect command. food is the name of the item, and effect is how much it restores the hunger by.

Whoops, I totally didn't see this. Food is just like any other item, and the host or a super admin can make an item be edible with the /addfoodtype food effect command. food is the name of the item, and effect is how much it restores the hunger by.
Ahh, NOW I get it! So I could even use the Food Items (By someone...) and then add THEM!