Author Topic: Petit Computer - Make apps/games for the DSi and 3DS in BASIC!  (Read 1613 times)

I'm just going to quote the older post I made until I make a better OP:

Info
(Copy/Paste from site)

We have brought back BASIC,a programming language fondly remembered by anyone who programmed computers back in the day. In the golden age of BASIC, it was easy for anyone to write a program. Now we offer you this exact same capability, but this time with the advanced features of the Nintendo DSi™ system. Everyone can easily enjoy creating their own original programs, from those who ever dreamed of being a programmer when they were younger, to the young programmers of today. Many programs are included to ensure that you can fully enjoy using BASIC. The included programs were also written in BASIC, so you can add new features to them in order to enhance your games. You can also take the programs and data you create and convert them to QR codes that can be shared with friends who also have Petit Computer on their Nintendo DSi systems. (Programs included: 12 feature samples,5games, a character picture tool,a background screen creation tool,a graphics tool,and a picture-drawing tool. All programs are saved within the DSiWare data.)

So in a nutshell, it's an app for your 3ds/dsi that lets you program homebrew with BASIC for $8. What else could you ask for?

Programs/Games by other users

None yet!

So basically you can make your own programs in basic. The reason I made this topic is mainly to discuss it's successor: Smile Basic. It's exclusively for the 3DS is coming out some time this spring; therefore you can make use of the accelerometer, 3d, circle pad, and many other new features.

Feel free to share programs via QR codes or discuss petit computer in the meantime.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 12:22:36 AM by Soundwaver7 »

stuff man I have a dsi, maybe I will

I want this. Badly. I just need some eShop cash and I'll be all set.

Bump, if you guys have any programs I can add them to the OP.

I'm not hating the game or annything but whats the difference of just programing on a PC?

I'm not hating the game or annything but whats the difference of just programing on a PC?
its  m o b i l e

stuff man I have a dsi, maybe I will
I have a stuffload of programs I wrote in BASIC to try out the language if you want it.

awesome

might get smilebasic when it comes out

But wouldn't it be time consuming as hell typing all the lines of code slowly on the virtual keyboard of the touch screen.

But wouldn't it be time consuming as hell typing all the lines of code slowly on the virtual keyboard of the touch screen.
Yeah! We need to use Golfscript!