Poll

mgn

cactus
38 (52.1%)
death by merman
35 (47.9%)

Total Members Voted: 73

Author Topic: Scenery's BATTLEMIX [SERVER OPEN]  (Read 52937 times)

And without further ado, I present to you: Guns Tetrakaikimbo Akimbo.
Disclaimer: This is spammy as all hell.
Additional disclaimer: The shells noticeably fly out in your face. I didn't want to move the shell casing exit point from the spot that it resides on the Tetrakaikimbos, the Akimbos, and the normal gun, but in this one it shoots the shells kind of in your face.
One more disclaimer: It turns out the Tetrakaikimbos normally have an icon, but the .cs file checks for the icon in the wrong place. I opted to continue this error for consistency reasons.
The second half dissapears when crouching

Dual Akimbo all items that are Akimbo
Akimbo all items that aren't akimbo

Want: Dual Akimbo Spam Rifles, with double the double propelling power
Trikimbo finger gun
Enlarged gun
USAS 12, shoots grenades that have no bullet drop
« Last Edit: April 29, 2015, 11:01:47 PM by GMO Ferret »

wat
that's not supposed to happen
okay one sec looking into this

Dual Akimbo all items that are Akimbo
Akimbo all items that aren't akimbo

Want: Dual Akimbo Spam Rifles, with double the double propelling power
Trikimbo finger gun
Enlarged gun
USAS 12, shoots grenades that have no bullet drop
Can't Dual Akimbo things very easily. Technically I could try but it would just be two guns inside two other guns, there'd be no visual difference and it would be like each gun just fired at double power.
Not sure about the enlarged gun; if there's a model scale property in the weapon image I could do it easily but I don't remember offhand if there is.
Not sure about the "grenades with no bullet drop" thing or what you want it based on.
Some weapons have OP versions already that make akimbos kind of pointless. Akimbo Sawblade Rifle and Akimbo Tomahawk would be borderline useless.
I can't do a finger-gun trikimbo because that would require a finger-gun akimbo. This would require a model for the left-handed finger gun. Right now the only model we have is for the right-handed one. I actually tried to do this a few years back, but for the life of me I can't work a modeling program. If anyone thinks they can mirror the handgunB model, I'll have something to work with.
On that note, I do have some plans for the Spiral Missile Launcher. It goes through walls, but it's almost impossible to take advantage of that right now due to how weak it is (and how the projectile is an infinitely tiny point, as are all projectiles in blockland). I plan on throwing in some code from the Tier Tactical Flak Cannon (which explodes constantly in midair to create a large if unpredictable damage radius) and posting it as the OP Spiral Missile.
I also want to make a Recursion Gun. It's a gun that shoots another gun. The second gun tries to shoot people as it flies by.

I've just tested it on my own server and I couldn't get the second gun to disappear. If you meant the "bottom half of the gun" disappears when you crouch, the Guns Tetrakaikimbo did that too (because the model is so large).

Gy, if you want an Amazing Mixashoot Akimbo and/or Amazing Mixashoot Tetrakaikimbo Akimbo, send me the files (or just do the same thing to the Guns Tetrakaikimbo Akimbo that you did to the Guns Tetrakaikimbo to turn it into a mixashoot)
« Last Edit: April 30, 2015, 01:17:48 AM by King of the Bill »

In other news, firing that Electric gun thing you made crashes the serverplayers. Might wanna get that looked at.
Console error is:
TSStatic::onAdd: Unable to load shape: add-ons/weapon_magic/shapes/raycastline_electricity.dts
NetConnection::ghostReadPacket - object failed to register!
Connection Error: Invalid Packet. (ghost registering object).

Shining Laser doesn't charge again (you should seriously just override that in the file, if it's not fixed by tomorrow I'll post a Shining Laser that always has charge on).
Also I only got two items after one respawn. Not sure why. Never mind, client wasn't updating inventory slots, so it refused to acknowledge that I had a third item.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2015, 01:13:28 AM by King of the Bill »

In other news, firing that Electric gun thing you made crashes the serverplayers. Might wanna get that looked at.
Console error is:
TSStatic::onAdd: Unable to load shape: add-ons/weapon_magic/shapes/raycastline_electricity.dts
NetConnection::ghostReadPacket - object failed to register!
Connection Error: Invalid Packet. (ghost registering object).

Shining Laser doesn't charge again (you should seriously just override that in the file, if it's not fixed by tomorrow I'll post a Shining Laser that always has charge on).
fixed both these things and added the new flavor of tetra

All right, so because my apparent akimbo ability is a thing now, here's something I mashed together this morning:
MAS Heavy RL Akimbo

Disclaimers:

The left-handed shot has a delay of about a second after the right-handed one, and WILL fire if the trigger isn't being held down. I had to introduce the ridiculously long delay to compensate for the fact that I can't use minShotTime to prevent the rapid equip-dequip exploit. I can't use minShotTime for the left-handed weapon because if there's a minShotTime on both the left handed image and the right handed image, each one counts the other image as the same shot (so it refuses to shoot akimbo half the time). Most Akimbo weapons have much shorter cooldown times and thus don't encounter a problem with this (as firing using dequip-equip exploit only fires the left-handed image for them, and most of them take long enough to fire the left handed image anyway that it's not noticeable).

Second disclaimer: For reasons that I don't understand, the MAS Heavy RL model is incompatible with colorShiftColor (aka "easy recoloring"). I had to re-texture it to give it a reddish texture. However, I also don't know how to edit the specific textures referenced by a .dts file (I've tried before and it spits out errors). So I took the stuffty route: "blue.png" is actually a dark red color. The recolor works in singleplayer, but I'm not too sure how multiplayer clients without "download textures" enabled will react to it. If you get the MAS Heavy RL Akimbo on someone else's server and you haven't downloaded the addon itself AND "download textures" is disabled in your Options > Network, let me know if it looks blue or red.

Third disclaimer: The MAS Heavy RL model is not symmetrical. I had to rotate the left-handed launcher about 10 degrees to make the barrel stop sticking through the player's head. This makes it look a little bit awkward when held. Try to ignore that.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2015, 09:25:24 PM by King of the Bill »

A NEW WEAPON HAS BEEN ADDED: THE HOMING BOMB
HIDE YOUR CHILDREN
HIDE YOUR FAMILY
THE HOMING BOMB WILL KILL THEM ALLLLLLLLLLLL

there's also a new fx item slot. fx items apply special effects to your player, such as your player's health regenerates or your player does not attract homing weapons. if you have an idea for an fx item, feel free to suggest it!

here's the current fx items:

Homing Protection
No Self Damage
Explosive Bullets
No Explosive Damage
Regen Health
Double Damage
Super Jump
Large Player
Rage (courtesy of Legodude77, see his post below)
« Last Edit: May 04, 2015, 08:27:41 PM by Gytyyhgfffff »

there's also a new fx item slot. fx items apply special effects to your player, such as your player's health regenerates or your player does not attract homing weapons. if you have an idea for an fx item, feel free to suggest it!
Instant kill damage, but you are reduced to 1hp.
Sanic speed, so fast though you can die if you ram into a wall.
Super jump "woah dude he's in orbit."
Invisibility until you take out a weapon.
A shield that bounces bullets off of you and into random directions until it runs out and has to recharge..

I'm bored.

Homing bomb is too OP in my opinion.

The lower your hp the faster/stronger you get.

Fixed the MAS Heavy RL Akimo link further up the page, sorry bout that.

The only game I know that literally lags out whenever the game thinks you played too long.
I assume this is an anti grief mechanism.

The only game I know that literally lags out whenever the game thinks you played too long.
I assume this is an anti grief mechanism.
it's called me trying to make music but accidentally crashing the server by script
server's back up btw

apparently the server crashed at some point, i have no idea why. it's back up now.