Author Topic: Blockland Glass Mod Manager [Released!]  (Read 33951 times)

I'm uploading updates to the live version at random intervals, as not all testing can be done locally, for example, the reCaptcha and file uploads as my live server has different permission than my personal computer. I don't have any intentions to upload a file that does that, but it may happen inadvertently.

it might be worth making the directory with the file give 403/401 with a IP whitelist? Then processes can then work normally, but without the potential for some poor sod's HDD formatting
« Last Edit: April 17, 2015, 10:52:08 AM by Gambsy »

Is it funny that the test addon is detected as malicious code?

it might be worth making the directory with the file give 403/401 with a IP whitelist? Then processes can then work normally, but without the potential for some poor sod's HDD formatting
Or password the access

Is it funny that the test addon is detected as malicious code?
The detection isn't in yet, it just defaults to malicious.

Or password the access
Password access is live intentionally, as it's functional.

If you have to warn people that your service may contain malware, then perhaps you shouldn't be hosting/advertising it
I didn't implicitly mean that the service 100% has a definite chance of hosting "malware". However, as it is in development and the fact that it's a platform that allows all add-on files regardless of their safety, a file may end up mis-marked. It's the nature of a test. It's not implicitly going to happen, but I can't eliminate the chance and I exaggerated the threat of the matter to push the point.

And just a side note, Add-Ons have no control outside of the blockland folder

Sorry, it's finals week. I have the uploading system working, which should push this to an open beta as soon as I round out the bugs.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2015, 09:18:36 PM by Scout31 »

Alright, so file uploading and (basic) brown townyzing is complete and should be going live in a few moments. The system is very robust and not exactly very rounded, but indeed functional. Anyone is welcome to participate in testing currently; however, if anything gets out of hand, I will be locking it down until a time I see fit.

Please note, this is an alpha product and is no-where near finished. I'm not suggesting this be used as a full-fleshed reliable method, however if you're ambitious and would like to give me some early feedback, feel free to use it.

Some notes:
  • Stick to using "Stable" branch for now, as other branches aren't displayed
  • Anything that says "420" is likely not yet complete or functional
  • Avoid giving feedback on things that very obviously aren't included yet

How file safety works:

When a file is uploaded, it must go through file scanning. This checks for any code that can be seen as dangerous, and is very much a work in progress. A file that fails automated tests is marked dangerous, but is still available for download. A file that succeeds is not completely cleared, and is still to be treated with caution.

Once implemented, others will be able to come through and "peer review" the code to check for errors. Regardless of automated detection, after enough peer-reviews are submitted, the file will start to display a more realistic security rating, whether that's "malicious", "cautious", or "safe". Malicious files won't be available for download in-game, only on the website.

Because peer-rating is not yet implemented, no file can currently hold the "safe" rating.

its p cool

one thing is that you should add proper formatting

i also don't like the fact that i can't add new lines, because all the spaces won't work (making my description ugly)

its p cool

one thing is that you should add proper formatting

i also don't like the fact that i can't add new lines, because all the spaces won't work (making my description ugly)
Yep, just saw that. Fixed. I plan on supporting BB code later on.

uploaded 2 addons

one thing is that i would love to update my addons (the description too)

There appears to be something wrong with file processing. The ability to update, edit, and delete will probably come tomorrow.

There appears to be something wrong with file processing. The ability to update, edit, and delete will probably come tomorrow.
aw

other than those things, this is p sweet

nah i'm kidding, first of all, why does the title need to be the same exact one as the filename

as in i can't name it Incendiary Gun and have the zip Weapon_Incendiary

what you're doing makes it Weapon_Incendiary_Gun which is incorrect

I unfortunately had to wipe the database to fix a corruption issue that was barring files from uploading correctly. This includes user accounts.

nah i'm kidding, first of all, why does the title need to be the same exact one as the filename

as in i can't name it Incendiary Gun and have the zip Weapon_Incendiary

what you're doing makes it Weapon_Incendiary_Gun which is incorrect
I believe the title should be accurately reflected in the file name. However, I'm planning to add an option for users to manually enter a file name.

How does the file brown townysis work? Does it look for like, keywords and stuff? If so, which ones?

Also, how are you handling user accounts? Are you hashing passwords?

add an option for users to manually enter a file name.
pls