Poll

should the forum adventure feature one character whose actions are controlled by everyone or should every participant get to have their own character?

All For One
5 (20%)
One For All
20 (80%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Author Topic: real life is GETTING IN THE WAY. it'll happen tho  (Read 1470 times)

Also while I've got your attention I'd like to ask if anyone has an idea for an original story or setting, or maybe an old favorite like an apocalypse.

although i kinda want characters to be able to get stronger like in dragonball but idk tell me what you think

and should it be serious or comical

or somewhere in between?

basically I wanna start something fun for a majority of people and get tips on being a good GM
« Last Edit: April 18, 2015, 04:50:05 PM by Frequency »

do both

maybe you should start with a premise?

do both

maybe you should start with a premise?

what are you referring to when you say both?

I'm also open to suggestions on a proper premise.

of course if no one has anything in particular they'd like to see for a premise I've got "alien planet similar to earth is no longer suitable for life so the race takes to the stars"
or "A single planet is host to several sapient species and everyone's competing for power"

What do you plan to do it in first? Gmod, Ms Paint, Blockland, Drawing Tablet+Photoshop, etc?

What do you plan to do it in first? Gmod, Ms Paint, Blockland, Drawing Tablet+Photoshop, etc?

paint.net

and it's going to be low-res

i have trouble keeping up with things that require more effort than I can handle, so it's the easiest format for me to work with.
i also think it's cute
« Last Edit: April 12, 2015, 07:27:34 PM by Frequency »

I'd be interested in the space premise.

I was kind of leaning towards that myself.

What would be good stats for people to build?
i mean there's the typical STRength, DEXterity, INTelligence, etc. but I always feel like something gets left out

I was kind of leaning towards that myself.

What would be good stats for people to build?
i mean there's the typical STRength, DEXterity, INTelligence, etc. but I always feel like something gets left out
SPECIAL

alright so it's gonna be made in paint.net, set in space, everyone get's their own character, we'll use the SPECIAL system for stats, and i'm working on an open-ended plot

what else am I missing? what would be the best way to determine if someone's actions are successful or if they're successful in a fight? rolling a die? complex variable system?

help

rolling a die is generally best i feel

rolling a die is generally best i feel

I'm cool with that, but how would it stack up with bonuses?

like if someone had +5 strength, would I add +5 to the roll of the die and that's how much damage they do? Or should it multiply it? I'm never really sure what should be done with that

there are many ways to use the die roll
you can scale damage based on how high the roll is
you can have it be 1 - 100 and just have the roll be how much damage is done
or you can multiply it
last 2 are things you said
pass or fail and You're all John are some good examples of the first choice, but less health and hitpoints and more other stuff
As for scaling with the SPECIAL system, for the first choice you can scale damage/whatever higher if they have a higher point for what they're doing
For the second option you can add I guess I don't know
For multiplying you could add the number they have for that skill onto the number being multiplied I suppose
« Last Edit: April 12, 2015, 09:49:04 PM by Zoltan »

Hm.

Maybe I'll go with the second option and add.

So if someone rolls a six and they have +4 Strength, they'll do 10 damage (minus the opponent's Endurance integer)

And I guess I could just do a luck roll on everything.

I think I'll call the adventure "The Only Frontier."
« Last Edit: April 12, 2015, 10:02:17 PM by Frequency »

So if someone rolls a six and they have +4 Strength, they'll do 10 damage (minus the opponent's Endurance integer)
Sounds good to me.