Author Topic: My cat got mauled by my bulldog yesterday  (Read 1048 times)

My German shepherd harasses our cat.

She would never kill it though  :panda:

IDK, the bulldog is usually very sweet though, it's just the whole "cats vs. dogs" thing gone horribly wrong

no its not lol. dogs dont just kill cats.

no its not lol. dogs dont just kill cats.
I assumed. do I look like an animal expert to you?(Sorry if this seems rude.)

Put dog down, it can't justify its actions.

I had a tiger cat named Oscar that used to climb on my shoulders and form into a scarf. He would get on me while I worked out. Then one day, Oscar wanted out during the night. An owl or coyote got him. It was terrible. I feel you man.

I now have a tuxedo cat named Baxter. But I never got over Oscar. Hope you feel better soon.

Sounds like your dog isn't trained very well.
A well trained dog won't attack cats, particularly family cats.

I assumed. do I look like an animal expert to you?(Sorry if this seems rude.)
you dont need an animal expert to know that the "cats vs dogs" thing isnt really that common

you dont need an animal expert to know that the "cats vs dogs" thing isnt really that common
it isn't?
how huge of a rock am i living under

One reason not to get dogs... they ruin things... things like cats.

I agree that the dog wasn't trained very well but it's no reason to put it down. Dogs by instinct will chase smaller prey because that's the predator in them. Perhaps in a controlled environment(if there's another cat or small animal) gradually expose it so it becomes used to the animal and less likely to see it as prey and more likely to see it as a pack member. Putting a dog down because of its natural instincts (that can be corrected) is a stupid thing to do.

Thinking of an animal getting mauled to death doesn't make me want to think of it ever again. I would've done a rest in pieces pun, but that's god damn disrespectful for your pet.

My condolences

My SMALL dog got mauled by the neighbors' FIVE LARGE dogs in April 2012. He was hovering near death and it took over two months of healing. His long soft coat was permanently ruined, he got serious skin problems, and now he hates all male dogs.

The neighbors offered to help pay the medical bills so we were thankful for that, but then we weren't hearing back so my dad called them to take up the offer. They were just like "lol jk why don't you sue us or sumthin". We couldn't sue them because it happened on their property. My mom also got ticketed by police (guess who reported her) for letting our dog 'run at large', so we had to pay for that too plus thousands in vet bills over the course of rehab.

The neighbors have called the police on us for useless things since then. It's just some sick game they play so we never talk to them anymore.

Just be glad you didn't see it.

dogs dont just kill cats.

I had a dog as well as two cats. They would play with each other all of the time. The dog would never hurt the cats, however.