Feminists Play Grand Theft Auto.

Author Topic: Feminists Play Grand Theft Auto.  (Read 18177 times)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aslJTk6AUkE

"It's a game just full of, like, terrible, stuffty things happening to women."

"..male fantasy.."

"This would be appealing to someone who's never spoken to a female human."

They're fine with shooting people, but God forbid the go to a strip club.

Congrats on giving them publicity.

I can't wait until we treat feminism as a major health epidemic.

I can't wait until we treat feminism as a major health epidemic.
it's already classified as a terminal mental disease

Nice joke, gave me a nice laugh.

the comment section is cringe-worthy

But I don't disagree with the things they bring up. Like seriously though, I liked GTA V (not the best GTA so far, but still a really good game), but I don't see why there can't be, like, a female protagonist in GTA. Women do crimes, obviously, and they can be total jerks too. My sister enjoys playing the GTA games, and she's like "I do wish I had someone to relate to, character-wise, it's just a bunch of slimy dudes lol."

I do know that this video is heavily edited, so I can't comment on the exact tone of it or whatever is being said behind the scenes.

Yo, look, if we can't be critical of the things we like then we've already stepped down a path I don't wanna go on.

I don't see why there can't be, like, a female protagonist in GTA.
Because the writers didn't write one in. That's it. It's stupid as hell to think that way.

"..male fantasy.."

Someone on my Facebook posted this video and noted that comment specifically, saying, "... to call this a "male fantasy" is loveist in and of itself because who says girls can't enjoy this? I enjoy this, does that mean I'm not a girl anymore? No. I still believe in gender equality but I also believe in the neutrality of harmless entertainment."

Needless to say she's one of my favorite female friends.

But I don't disagree with the things they bring up. Like seriously though, I liked GTA V (not the best GTA so far, but still a really good game), but I don't see why there can't be, like, a female protagonist in GTA. Women do crimes, obviously, and they can be total jerks too. My sister enjoys playing the GTA games, and she's like "I do wish I had someone to relate to, character-wise, it's just a bunch of slimy dudes lol."

I do know that this video is heavily edited, so I can't comment on the exact tone of it or whatever is being said behind the scenes.

Yo, look, if we can't be critical of the things we like then we've already stepped down a path I don't wanna go on.
im not sure if you want to relate to gta characters but yeah it wouldnt hurt to have a female main character, though males have thus far been the primary audience. it might take some persuading to actually convince the devs that females are a large portion of the audience.

The game is geared toward edgy 8-15 year olds. Of course it is gonna have shooting of women and strip clubs. How else will they get their puberty fix?

The game is geared toward edgy 8-15 year olds. Of course it is gonna have shooting of women and strip clubs. How else will they get their puberty fix?
...It's not though? Please be stupid elsewhere.

uh no it's not
it has a m+ label for a reason

thing to note: the poster of this is buzzfeed and this is exactly the public 'buzz' they want to create with their awful, stuffty content