Author Topic: Dark X-rane's Hang Glider Challenge V2 [Closed]  (Read 4066 times)

About The Server
Since people really wanted to see another challenge again on Blockland I've decided to re-open one of my challenges. If anyone remembers when I hosted this things have been slightly changed to make this challenge more enjoyable. For starters the spawn glitch has been completely fixed so you don't have to Self Delete once you join the challenge. Now the challenge it's self might not be friendly with users who've never used Bushido's hang glider add-on, but a short, basic guide on how to hang glide will be below the information about the server. As of now the challenge has 17 levels that test your ability on your hang gliding skills ranging from agility, control, and reaction timing. Even though there's 17 levels so far the server's goal is to have at least 60+ levels on it.

The Short Guide On How To Hang Glide
Unlike last time when this challenge was hosted there is now a legitimate guide on how to hang glide.
The Basics
Before we start hang gliding like a professional we must learn the basic structure of hang gliding.
Gaining Speed
We first start off with one of the most important steps that is needed in order to hang glider properly. To gain speed you must remember that the hang gliders don't have propellers, engines, or rocket fuel to give you speed. So to gain speed you have to use a thing called gravity. With the glider the mouse isn't inverted so gliding downwards requires you to move the mouse towards you and gliding upwards requires you to move the mouse away from you. When you glide downwards you'll start to gain speed depending on how steep you glider's vertical direction is. The steeper you glide downwards the faster and the less control you'll have on your glider and vice versa. So gain speed properly you should start off by gliding downward first and then slowly bring you glider upwards or else your glider will stall and fall like a 500lb rock.
Maintaining Speed
Once you've master how to gain speed the next thing you have to know is how to maintain it. If you don't maintain your speed the hang glider will start to become uncontrollable and you hang glider will probably plummet towards the ground. One of the ways to control this excess speed is by holding the W key (or your set forward key). This will make gliding upwards and downwards far more easier then without holding your set forward key. However like said earlier hang gliding speeds will drastically be slower, this don't mean the glider won't be able to have enough speed to make it to the end of levels but just keep in mind that some levels might be difficult to complete by holding your set forward key.
Tilting
Tilting will probably be one of the more difficult topics to master but it should be easier to know if you already know how the gain an maintain the glider's speed. Tilting is basically what you might think it really means. Tilting is the process in which the glider tilts on it's side in order to turn left or right. In order to learn how to tilt here's the number thing in bold that you must not do when tilting.
-Don't ever turn by horizontally, or moving your mouse left or right, this will cause the glider to lose a ton of speed and control.
The correct way of tilting is by using your A and D keys (or the set keys for strafing). Pressing the A key, or the set key for strafing left, will tilt the glider left and pressing the D key, or the set key for strafing right, will tilt the glider right. Once tilted the last step of completing a tilt is to vertically move you mouse upwards or away from you, this will cause the glider to turn left, or right depending on what way your tilting, and then press the A key, or set key of strafing left, to balance your self out if you were turning right, and vise versa if you were turning left.
Once you've a slight understanding on this you can easily finish the hang glider challenge without being confused on how to do the basics controls of hang gliding.

People Who've Completed This Challenge
Since this is being re-opened the previous people who've completed this challenge will no longer be credited since there are now newer levels.
Legends
Tally BLID:15154
Blades BLID:15420
Magus BLID: 13271
Flashfire BLID: 37478
DragonoidSlayer BLID: 29131
Icosahedron BLID: 14912
Haloz BLID: 32755
Lalam BLID: 239
If you do complete the Challenge and I not there to see it screenshot yourself at the end of the challenge if you want your name to be on here. (This is not required)

Credits
Dark X-rane(BLID: 12307) Responsible for hosting and creating most of the levels on the server.
Tally(BLID: 15154) For being the first to complete the challenge with 15 levels.
Blades(BLID: 15420) For beating the challenge thousands of times.

Images

I might update the pictures to make it look nicer.

Moderator Application
Requirements:
-Must Be 13 Years Or Older
-Do You Have Any Past Experience As A Moderator Or Admin?
-Are You Recommended By Anyone?
-Why Do You Want To Be A Moderator?
-What Will You Do As A Moderator?
Keep in mind that your applications must have reasonable and logical reason on why you want to be a Moderator. If your reasons are stupendous don't expect to get Moderator any time soon.
Once You Get Moderator I Can Easily Demote You If You Abuse Your Powers.

Server Status:
Closed
« Last Edit: May 10, 2015, 03:14:03 PM by Dark X-rane »

Server will be open shortly

Server's now open! I've also added more details on how to be credited for finishing the challenge.

Server's down for tonight, I'll like to thank everyone who've joined today whether they loved the server or despised it. The server will be back up tomorrow with hopefully some more levels. Also I've added the first two people to actually complete this challenge legitimately on the topic.

Server's now open! I've also added images of the challenge and a Moderator Application if anyone wants to apply for it.

May I know who made this addon, and where did you get it?
Thanks

When i first played this, i raged so loving much.
Its time to redo this again..

Server's down for tonight to add and fix some problems that were found on the challenge. Once again I thank everyone for joining my server, and once again the server will be up tomorrow.

Server's now open! Also a tutorial sign is added on the first few levels.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2015, 04:56:46 PM by Dark X-rane »

Server's down for tonight for some more development. The server will be back up tomorrow.

Server's now up for another round of rage!

i cannot even pass the first level

11/10 would play again