Author Topic: Brick count list  (Read 1967 times)

possibly already exists and im unaware.

say i wanna use blockland as a real life lego modeler. similar to how digital designer can do this.
any build at any time let me view a break down of what bricks are used.

2x4 = 12,440 red
2x4 = 3000 black
2x2 = 2006 red
6x6f = 110 black

kinda like that

hell the color check would be handy to XD

Friends built out of lego aren't real friends Bisjac :/

thats what they said about my robot girlfriend. but i showed them!

neat idea, i'll look into it

edit: it'll probably only support a few colors (white, black, red, green, blue, brown, yellow, orange, pink, gray, light blue/green, dark red/green/blue)
do you also want a version that saves the text to a file instead of just printing it out?
« Last Edit: May 04, 2015, 04:23:12 AM by phflack »

Do you want it client or server sided?

Should it work on the currently loaded build or on any save file? Maybe select a base plate and see details only for the stack on top of it?
« Last Edit: May 04, 2015, 06:35:43 AM by Zeblote »

just finished something that will let anybody on the server use /brickcountlist
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0FSY34ysJEXelRJNjh4eXoxWWM/

wouldn't be a bad idea to change it to be client sided with the option of own bricks only, or of IDs given

just finished something that will let anybody on the server use /brickcountlist
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0FSY34ysJEXelRJNjh4eXoxWWM/

wouldn't be a bad idea to change it to be client sided with the option of own bricks only, or of IDs given
You can't check for brick ownership on the client side

oh, I thought it might be sorted in a similar way to how the server does it

but if it's a script addon instead of a server addon, then it could have both options combined?

Won't this only work for default bricks/colorset though? I really like the idea regardless.

The add-on I posted should work for any color set and any bricks
It works by matching the color set colors to the closest color value I have labeled
And the names are the data block names for each brick

Awsome 's

Currently I plan to build a 50 k brick castle in my room. Using like 8 diff bricks and 4 colors.
But I wanted to plan the project on blockland  as bricks are made to order basically.

How? Assuming a 2x4 brick is the average cost brick that'd cost you $15000 if you order via pick-a-brick or $11500 via Bricklink.

It would also be 0.25 cubic meters of brick, which would weigh 114 kilograms.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2015, 10:27:21 AM by TheArmyGuy »

How? Assuming a 2x4 brick is the average cost brick that'd cost you $15000 if you order via pick-a-brick or $11500 via Bricklink.
What if he just has a lot of Legos?

Awsome 's

Currently I plan to build a 50 k brick castle in my room. Using like 8 diff bricks and 4 colors.
But I wanted to plan the project on blockland  as bricks are made to order basically.
that's actually a really cool idea lol gl

nice idea, make a topic about it and keep us updated :D
and the addon I posted should be fine for that, making the clientsided version and versions to do it per ID might make it more useful overall though