Author Topic: Need ideas for a multiplayer survival-themed gamemode.  (Read 1074 times)

I am planning a combat-themed survival gamemode which allows you to build, make machinery etc. and would like your, yes YOUR input. What would you like to see in a gamemode like this?

Russian roulette
If you're gonna be useless, keep it in off-topic please.

The whole thing is gonna be 100% script powered by the way.

would it be player vs player or would the players work as a team

It's your game. If the players don't want to combat, they aren't forced, if they don't want to loot, they aren't forced, but it will certainly be up to them which means it will be heavily PvP combat oriented.

Edit: Also, making pacts and allies is obviously a thing.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2015, 02:20:39 PM by Dannu »

I've recently started this kind of project but then it turned into a World RPG.. but

You can make upgrades around the map that does something to the player, such as more speed, damage resistance, powers (can only have 1, it will be replaced when they pick the new one up)

You can have bots be able to help combat if you help them (random scenes where they are being attacked by an animal but will die eventually if you don't help)

Trying to go for a more toe-to-toe looting and semi-serious PvP environment. But you did give me an idea for energy generation though.

If you're gonna be useless, keep it in off-topic please.

The whole thing is gonna be 100% script powered by the way.
No I'm serious, I want Russian roulette in a survival game, so I can be a richard to people when I hold them prisoner

I'm rather looking for suggestions on the more core functionality on how building will work, what will machines be able to do, how will loot spawn, how will gathering work.

building bricks should need something, so people can't just spam bricks everywhere willy-nilly

players bricks should also be able to be destroyed or fake-killed so people can't just box themselves in an invincible fortress

Oh neat.  I attempted a few of these using VCE and whatnot.  Would you like to work on a Google spreadsheet?

Dannu when your Done With the others i can Help with the Map ;-;