Audio Limiter

Author Topic: Audio Limiter  (Read 668 times)

Is there any way that Blockland's audio could be given a limiter to force the audio to not exceed a certain volume? Because Im sick of my speakers clipping when trying to do /alarm in first person. I have my volume a .1 and still things like gun fights and emotes are stupid loud.

Ive heard that some of you dont have this issue, but Ive had it for the years Ive owned the game across 3 different computers and it really loving sucks.

Can someone "fix" the audio?
« Last Edit: May 14, 2015, 05:29:56 PM by Mr.Noßody »

I don't mean to say your suggestion isn't worth it because I do think this would be nice, but have you tried pressing tab, pressing the alarm keybind, and then pressing tab again really quick?

Also one thing that you could try is to open up Blockland, tab out of it, and (if you are running windows, I know you can do this), adjust the volume for the application (output) down, therefore quieting that application only.  Iirc it should persist so every time you open Blockland it will stay at that level.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2015, 02:32:36 AM by SWAT One »

Going to third person during a gun fight? Yeah, I love having no aimer.

Lowering the game volume in game or from my mixer is one thing, but then I can't hear anything else that matters. By that logic I should just mute Blockland and listen to music: something I don't want to do. Having no sound would destroy what I like about Blockland.

Lol I had a funny experience with the alarm thing.  My key index for sit is X and by brother changed X into alarm emote so I was trying to sit and I accidentally pressed X once, but nothing happened.  I didn't realize it was lagging till I was spamming x over and over again and when the server caught up, I went deaf for a while. Lol

No but really. Could a mod even be made to do this?
And how come this issue is never discussed?

This issue has been discussed a lot actually, but nobody has seemed to know what to do with it or how to solve it.

couldn't you just set the gain of the master audio to something tiny like 0.001 or something

I really don't think the problem involves content unless a limiter was installed in the game already.  However, what i think might work is either writing a .dll for modifying the sound, or if you are super savvy with .dlls, modifying the OpenAL.dll, but that could be risky.

couldn't you just set the gain of the master audio to something tiny like 0.001 or something

This is what I resort to currently, but I want to be able to hear the normal sounds. At that level all I can hear is the speaker clipping noises.

I really don't think the problem involves content unless a limiter was installed in the game already.  However, what i think might work is either writing a .dll for modifying the sound, or if you are super savvy with .dlls, modifying the OpenAL.dll, but that could be risky.

I would resort to any way of fixing this issue. Ive suffered it for many years.
Somebody please attempt the .dll

If you use an Audio editing program you can always normalize the audio, so it doesn't sound scratchy and loud.

If you use an Audio editing program you can always normalize the audio, so it doesn't sound scratchy and loud.

As I play?

You can't use an audio editing program to limit sound sensitivity in Blockland while the game is running.  They're two separate applications.

The thing is, that is what these 2 types of volume controls are supposed to do, but they don't do anything

I think you can change the audio description client sided that it plays from by changing it's volume. (Server-sided is completely possible)

Here's an example server sided for modding an audio sound
Code: server.cs (11 lines)
datablock AudioDescription(MyModdedVolume : AudioClose3d)
{
    volume = volumeLevel;
};

datablock AudioProfile(YourSoundName)
{
    filename = "soundOfTheFile.extension";
    description = MyModdedVolume;
    preload = false;
};

« Last Edit: May 15, 2015, 08:54:43 PM by Advanced Bot »

I was wondering about those.
But idk how to package or use that because I'm coding illiterate...

Yeah, but I was just placing how possible it is.