0 (0%)
4 (6.3%)
3 (4.8%)
42 (66.7%)
4 (6.3%)
none theYRE ALL GAY
7 (11.1%)

Total Members Voted: 63

Author Topic: which type of terrain do you prefer  (Read 1521 times)

ive ran into some contradicting opinions on what to use
and its kinda urking me since I keep swapping back and forth in style

which one of these messes do you like the most
« Last Edit: May 14, 2015, 05:22:53 PM by Im_AFK »

Mhh... let me decide...

mhm.

I really love this one! the colors please!

This one fit very well too, i see a lot of ideas from someting like this!

Damn, you have talent.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2015, 05:41:19 PM by Sylvanor »

I believe the winter scene is superior. Good complimenting lighting/shadows. And terrace style modter is a much better alternative to cubescape as you have more diagonal control. Not to mention you have texture options.

Also, don't ever use default shaders. They are all butt ugly...

Also, don't ever use default shaders. They are all butt ugly...
I would agree. Only if they were a lot better and more efficient...

its ok, we have port shaders and some shaders selecting add on, it might be good enough :)

i prefer hexagonal terrain

joking aside, damn they're all good

imo modterrain compared to cubescape looks a ton better and is much better suited for whatever gameplay you want to have on it.
cubescape is just kinda eh compared to it now

although (if you want to) you should probably have modter ramps connecting some of the layers

I like the winter one the best. Brick terrain's can be difficult to make look nice, especially with default shaders. Not that your's don't, of course!

See the thing is, it depends on what you're hosting. If you're involving any form of land-based vehicle, brickscape is going travel a pain in the ass. Modterr works better with vehicles. However if you're doing a classic BL RPG, then go with the classic brickscape theme

The modter one definitely.

See the thing is, it depends on what you're hosting. If you're involving any form of land-based vehicle, brickscape is going travel a pain in the ass. Modterr works better with vehicles. However if you're doing a classic BL RPG, then go with the classic brickscape theme
qft

probably my favorite because of the build with it

but just terrain, the winter one is pretty nice

hey

thanks for the feedback guys
im trying to do an rpg, and its kinda
iffy
« Last Edit: May 16, 2015, 09:31:29 AM by Im_AFK »

hey

thanks for the feedback guys
im trying to do an rpg, and its kinda
iffy

I dont think you need to make it as open world as you are trying to, it would probably better to expand it into new regions and such when you get the inspiration to. Not just because you feel it needs it