Author Topic: what are some good, free video recording softwares that don't eat up memory?  (Read 1780 times)

Fraps nvm costs money

OBS is your best bet, XSplit uses your CPU like a friggin madman and it costs money to have it go above a certain amount of fps

open broadcaster?
OBS is probably one of the best free options available

would defo try that first
OBS is a fantastic video recorder if you know how to set up the settings correctly.
OBS

X-Split is alright, but OBS is one of the best ones on the market.

These guys got it, OBS is some of the best screen recording software I've used. Lightweight, versitile, and high quality.

*cries*

Everyone keeps saying OBS is best, but they haven't experienced MSI. This makes me sad.

Why is this software not more well-known?

how about you experienced OBS users post what your settings are because it takes about 7 years to learn what half of the settings even do

how about you experienced OBS users post what your settings are because it takes about 7 years to learn what half of the settings even do

Or you could watch a tutorial like some normal people do!

how does shadowplay compare to obs? I just got a 960 and I can use shadowplay now

how does shadowplay compare to obs? I just got a 960 and I can use shadowplay now
way better
especially the actual shadowplay feature
the only problem is, it only works with some games. for the games it doesn't work, with, I use OBS

shadowplay works with everything if you enable desktop capture

that is if your not doing anything live and have to alt tab

OBS is really good too but I like shadowplay more personally

OBS is really good but the file format isn't compatible with WMM. Does Sony Vegas Pro 13 accept .flv files?

shadowplay works with everything if you enable desktop capture

that is if your not doing anything live and have to alt tab

OBS is really good too but I like shadowplay more personally

For me, Shadowplay is completely broken with my 970 as the audio is entirely broken and horrible to the ear, and sometimes playback is broken.

An example is this, although its an old video so I should test it now to see if its fixed. https://m.youtube.com/watch?list=PLIcOz4NuwFxJzALqwlC9y6TpZ_o4hlCjE&v=6d0FO14Z36M

OBS is really good but the file format isn't compatible with WMM. Does Sony Vegas Pro 13 accept .flv files?
OBS by default records to mp4. Yours is forgeted up for whatever reason, go into settings -> Broadcast Settings and in the File Path field, select the mp4 filetype and a location and filename to save the video with.