Author Topic: GameKeysNow(dot)com - Extremely cheap games (not an ad)  (Read 1835 times)

man it's a good thing adding "(not an ad)" to something makes it not an ad

Chirst could they not make the website design look any sketchier? The cheap and horrible graphical design and layout of the website irks me the most here.

the fact that it has FULL 5 stars is already hard to believe
there are quite a few reviews under 5 stars

man it's a good thing adding "(not an ad)" to something makes it not an ad
No-- the fact that it's not an ad makes it not an ad. It's a recommendation.

https://archive.is/k7InD
Yeah... no.
I don't see whats wrong in that photo?

the fact that it has FULL 5 stars is already hard to believe
there are quite a few reviews under 5 stars
It has a 9.5/10 review average. Of course it has negative reviews-- some people inputted information wrong and due to the lack of any accounts this means they won't receive their product.

holy stuff this site needs a redesign. the site makes me want to scan my computer for viruses.
This so much. The site layout is unnecessarily worrying.

Well, this site has had my credit card + paypal info for several months and haven't done anything bad with it. I've ordered several games, all worked fine, all worked online and registered on the official sites for the games. I got GTA 5 on it with the pre-order bonus after it was released and GTA online worked well. I got Witcher 3 from it last night and it is a huge amount of fun.

Paypal doesn't seem to work ATM. Last night and the night before it instantly refunded me and said that it couldn't charge via PayPal at the moment. Pretty sure that's just indie technical difficulties because all the info was handled by PayPal.

So yes, it's a small company. And yes, their site looks sketchy. But they have great reviews, and I'm giving it one. It's awesome.

What's stopping people from just buying one key and selling it to 4 other people for half price?

Maybe that's what's going on?

What's stopping people from just buying one key and selling it to 4 other people for half price?

I've never tried, but I'm pretty sure that registering a code on Steam invalidates that code on Steam's servers so that future registrations will be denied.

I've never tried, but I'm pretty sure that registering a code on Steam invalidates that code on Steam's servers so that future registrations will be denied.
I think he's suggesting that GameKeysNow.com could purchase a single key and then sell it to 4 other people at a 50% discount, giving them a 100% profit.
Only the first person to activate it will have it work, hence a good review, while the other 3 will have an issue and can't use it, hence the bad reviews.
But the company makes their money back and a profit, and can still boast games for 50% off.

i don't trust key resellers after the sniper elite 3 fiasco

buyer beware, everyone

I think he's suggesting that GameKeysNow.com could purchase a single key and then sell it to 4 other people at a 50% discount, giving them a 100% profit.
Only the first person to activate it will have it work, hence a good review, while the other 3 will have an issue and can't use it, hence the bad reviews.
But the company makes their money back and a profit, and can still boast games for 50% off.
why even bother with using the same key then
just give 25% of people a key and the other 75% a random string of letters (and hey, there's a tiny chance they'll actually get a real key! although it may be the wrong game)

Except that it usually works because a key can usually be registered multiple times before it will stop working. However, the first person could install it multiple times, leaving the others without an install. This is why it's shady (and a civil offense to an extent) practice to do this.

GTA 5 - (Pre-order bonus, too!) - $49.99
$50? no
its 40 on steam for me
it cant be
no... this site changed the world!

that is literally what my link on the first page suggests

Almost all keys register to GOG. One key per account. Also you receive a photo of the key on the game box, not in text-form.

$50? no
its 40 on steam for me
it cant be
no... this site changed the world!
On day 1? We are talking in USD, not ID, terrorist. Come to Murica and we can talk. And we can talk free.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2015, 02:46:57 PM by McZealot »

"It's not an ad!

I'm just advertising this cool website I found!"