Author Topic: Video of my WIP island city and some ambient loops I'm working on  (Read 1501 times)

i've been working on and off on this island city for a while with some contributors such as Myst, Lalam, radioactive, flamecannon, and modman. I'll go into greater detail on the contributions when I make a thread dedicated just to the build, but this is just to kinda show off the ambient loops I've been working on I guess.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WF7pqkLwNAs

does anyone know of some way I can get it so that music bricks fade out more gracefully as you get further away instead of just cutting off when you get out of distance? Or even longer distance music bricks.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 12:43:43 AM by Brickman »

Oh man that place looks really nice, I would love to explore that island.

The sounds are nice. My only problem is that the rain sound, sounds like it's hitting the ground whilst you're under some sort of roofed, but open structure. It has an echo to it. Otherwise it'd be super good.

The sounds are nice. My only problem is that the rain sound, sounds like it's hitting the ground whilst you're under some sort of roofed, but open structure. It has an echo to it. Otherwise it'd be super good.
yeah i kinda noticed that issue too, but i like the thunder sounds from it so much. I might have to revisit that loop and try to see what I can do about isolating the thunder as best as I can with a new rain loop over it. thanks!
Oh man that place looks really nice, I would love to explore that island.
I usually host it whenever I play blockland so keep an eye out

Looks cute, I'd explore that~

yeah i kinda noticed that issue too, but i like the thunder sounds from it so much. I might have to revisit that loop and try to see what I can do about isolating the thunder as best as I can with a new rain loop over it. thanks!
It would be cool if you found some highquality thunder sounds and made them play at random, instead of depending on the music loop. Adds variety.

What do you intend this to be used for? Just exploration? If you use Brick_2dMusic, the audio will not fade at all. You can make certain things trigger a change in sound, for example, if a player is inside a building, the rain is muffled.

It would be cool if you found some highquality thunder sounds and made them play at random, instead of depending on the music loop. Adds variety.

What do you intend this to be used for? Just exploration? If you use Brick_2dMusic, the audio will not fade at all. You can make certain things trigger a change in sound, for example, if a player is inside a building, the rain is muffled.
yeah 2dmusic would be the ideal choice, but I wanted something where the player doesn't need any mods to experience it.
also, the tricky thing about thunder is that it's hard to find isolated recordings of it without rain, because usually when it's thundering it's also raining lol. I really just want some way that the audio fades out rather than cuts off all at once to prevent ruining the atmosphere. Only thing I can think of to do is make it so there's enough layers of sound placed strategically so its not as noticeable when one of them goes away.

The loop I made for the rain/thunder is a little over 1 minute long so that it's hard to notice looping if you're not paying attention to it, but that means the file is pushing 1mb.
It's also kind of important that I not compress the audio too much to allow for longer loops, otherwise the crackling of the rain would be noticeably muffled.

That's looking pretty good! But I suggest that you add some hills or mountains behind the city for a much better look.

!
theses builds. and that ferris please!
10/10
Edit: is this all default??
11/10

!
theses builds. and that ferris please!
10/10
Edit: is this all default??
11/10
full credit to lalam for building such a perfect ferris wheel. the build is like 99% default, but some small details like coffee cups and stuff are addons. thx

here's a little spicy image of a building i stuck in there i hope brick hosts smore

i really like how free the setting is so far and i can't wait till you make a neat official topic for it

wtf are we saying in the chat lol
i might host tomorro when i get home from work

I think that your city is of really high quality

I love it. It looks really cute I want to visit it if only I didn't have 30mb left of bandwith. Also why is that in the donut shop the menu has "Donut" listed twice but have different prices?

ohhhh so this is the island you were working on with me, mod-man, and lalam

o pretty cool