Poll

Should Blockland have Oculus Rift support?

Yes
No
Maybe
I Don't Know

Author Topic: Should Blockland have Oculus Rift support?  (Read 1923 times)

Is this even possible?
Probably, I'd like it to complete the Renderman experience!

It doesn't have to officially be supported, maybe someone with a dev kit can come up with something. Neat idea, but any practical use probably isn't feasible as of now.

sure if you wanna rp as a family in vr

Wait so what would change is Blockland moved to a new engine?

Why would you say that?
Blockland ain't goin' anywhere new son.

well first off there wouldn't be torquescript so it'd be like gmod 13, p much everything would break

The musing thing is that it's hard to move a game to a completely different engine.

Unity has very poor performance for dynamically generated maps. Even with optimizations it wouldn't be that great. Unreal engine may be a bit better, dunno.

The musing thing is that it's hard to move a game to a completely different engine.
By logic I would image that most, if not every add-on would break along with the switch.

By logic I would image that most, if not every add-on would break along with the switch.
well yeah

add-ons currently work specifically with the torque engine, made in torquescript using features and practices that wouldn't exist in different engines

Again, I was just saying!
Some games do look great on Unity 3D, for example: Cities:Skylines and Kerbal Space Program

City: Skylines was made in Unity?

Where have I been?

Yes

you go James
\edit

damnit double posted by accident

sorry