Castle Crashers [dedicated server version!]

Author Topic: Castle Crashers [dedicated server version!]  (Read 26703 times)

New level.
Flambé Fortress

Completely different from the default level, it's a complex labyrinth of towers, walls, and bridges, all within a lake of lava in a hellish environment. The goal here is to get to the main tower, kill the king, and win. Difficulties include Easy, Normal, and Hard.

There are many methods to navigate and explore the level, the only limit is your creativity and the bots that oppose you.

It is currently packaged into it's own solo gamemode.
The level can be downloaded here (http://www.mediafire.com/download/5ias5zd324dcc32/GameMode_Castle_Crashers_Two.zip)

I'm not sure on whether this level is balanced or not, so feedback is very much appreciated.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2015, 05:28:22 PM by The Resonte! »

hot
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
kill me.

i need a better file uploading/downloading service

mediafire's download links keeps breaking
no dropbox

Definitely going to host this. lol

Very nice gamemode, too awesome, will download.

EPIC

Take some cookies.

:cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie:

it's been almost two months, so i will post this before i become unable to
afterall, it's better to give something unfinished and abandoned to the public than to hoard it and let it die

i was working on another map : Japan Defense, but i eventually lost interest

nevertheless, here are some images and the save of the incomplete map
the "castle"                                               a basic overview                                          the main bridge

The incomplete map can be downloaded here.

if you have not seen yet, i released the gamemode "base", which is a build filled with some map assets of castle crashers and how it works, with tons of documentation and writings about how castle crashers as a gamemode works. there is a large list which explains what all of the bot enemies are. there's also information about how different enemies are selected and how difficulties affect gameplay.

The build can be downloaded here

to install, simply place the builds into your "saves" folder.

Tried it solo... dear god...

Tried it solo... dear god...
welcome to HELL

a while back i started to become annoyed with a problem of castle crashers: it's very easy to die and end back where you started

...until now, when i recently learned how to make simple custom playertypes for gamemodes

this will be the final update for both already made maps.

Changelog:
  • All players now get more health and sprinting regeneration rate, depending on the difficulty
          This is for both the original level AND Flambe Fortress. This does not include the "Base" level. Sorry
          Players on "Easy" get 250hp. Players on "Medium" get 500hp. Players on "Hard" get 1000hp
          Despite all the health you get you still die quite easily if you're not on guard. Hopefully this won't unbalance things too much
          Players get more sprinting recharge on harder difficulties too
  • Added two "tip" signs per level
  • Added new mode for the original level, "Overpowered Mode"
          Players have access to all weapons and all spawn with 1000hp
          Almost all enemies have an equal chance of spawning
  • Fixed a visible bot hole in Flambe Fortress. Oops
  • Fixed the Special Modes in the original level not being able to spawn more bots

I don't know what kind of balancing issues this health addition will cause, or if there are any bugs that I didn't know about. Feedback is encouraged.

All download links have been updated, but you can download from right here if you want:
The original level HERE
(mediafire, http://www.mediafire.com/download/hvmpjhvwdlyl95i/GameMode_Castle_Crashers.zip)
and Flambe Fortress HERE
(mediafire, http://www.mediafire.com/download/5ias5zd324dcc32/GameMode_Castle_Crashers_Two.zip)

To install, simply place the .zip files into your Add-Ons folder.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2015, 05:34:00 PM by The Resonte! »

currently modifying this to run a little better on dedicated servers

will release when finished