Author Topic: Castle Crashers [dedicated server version!]  (Read 26699 times)

currently modifying this to run a little better on dedicated servers

will release when finished
you'd probably have to make it so that it despawns all the bots when there is nobody on the server

and resets the minigame (on easy mode) when somebody spawns in the empty server

that's part of the plan yeah
sounds exciting
good luck
« Last Edit: December 03, 2015, 07:35:26 PM by The Resonte! »

you'd probably have to make it so that it despawns all the bots when there is nobody on the server

and resets the minigame (on easy mode) when somebody spawns in the empty server
that's part of the plan yeah

hosting a test server for the modifications

- map rotations
- music rotations
- difficulty scaling per what's mentioned in the default map
- bots are cleared when no one is on the server
- game restarts after someone joins an empty server
- /votedifficulty to override default difficulty scaling for 1 round, 75% majority needed to override
- duration of rounds is tracked
- day cycle offset is randomized each round
- default map has lighting
- extra events to help with management (Minigame > winRound and Minigame > nextMap)

EDIT: we actually found map exploits that would give regular jets as a heads up
« Last Edit: December 04, 2015, 01:53:24 AM by TheBlackParrot »

EDIT: we actually found map exploits that would give regular jets as a heads up
i'm aware of that

it's going to take a tedious amount of work to fix that
cry for me
i'll fix that eventually

the exploit has been fixed and the download for that particular map has been updated
along with one or two other changes

pretty nifty stuff you're doing though! very impressive
« Last Edit: December 05, 2015, 09:55:15 AM by The Resonte! »

here's the thing
http://www.justfilehosting.space/download.php?f=reurb

seems to be stable enough
it looks for maps in saves/CastleCrashers and music in Add-Ons/Music/CastleCrashers

here's the thing
http://www.justfilehosting.space/download.php?f=reurb

seems to be stable enough
it looks for maps in saves/CastleCrashers and music in Add-Ons/Music/CastleCrashers
this is amazing

the only thing i dislike is the environmental differences between maps: flambe fortress in it's individual gamemode looks much different, all reddish, although that's tricky to implement since that needs environment files and such. amazing work though for what it is

note: you can submit builds to be turned into castle crasher maps as long as you post a download, a few images, and, if you want, an idea for a custom mode seperate from Easy, Normal, and Hard. you do not need to place any bot holes or spawns. just maybe leave a note in the build about where the spawn is and where the king and boss room is. also if you feel like it, a cinematic ending sequence that can also be made upon winning.
preferably your build or if you've been given permission to submit it
« Last Edit: December 24, 2015, 08:20:58 PM by The Resonte! »

i guess my statement that the last update would be the last update was false, dang
i've been performing silent updates for issues for about a month now
mainly extremely important bugfixes and slightly less important optimization

Changelog:
  • MAJOR - Fixed an extremely important exploit that gave players jets, allowing for exploiters to easily jet up to the king, or worse
  • MAJOR - Blocked certain extremely important exploit areas that allowed for manual override of the difficulty
  • Opened a path to the left side of the Flambe Fortress map
  • Fixed exploit of a certain Flambe Fortress powerup that did not kill players when it was supposed to
  • Flambe Fortress in general has been optimized and efficientized, many extremely minor issues are filled in
  • Kings of both maps have much more health and do much more damage (1000HP or 2000HP)(100 melee damage, compared with your 250HP+ maximum)
  • MAJOR - A certain glitch that occurs sometimes on dedicated servers is patched, the glitch being that the spawn doors would never open in very certain conditions. This is probably a problem with the map, TheBlackParrot's modification was not changed in any way
  • Added two new modes for Flambe Fortress: maxing out the number of modes for both maps (5 modes per map)
          "Lava Mode"
                The bridge is blocked. The only way to the castle is by hopping on the rocks
                Enemies on the lava threaten you
                Should be for 9-16 players, same as in Normal Mode, but it's barely been tested
                      Fixed bug where if you changed to Lava Mode and then to another difficulty, the bridge would still be blocked
          "Conquerer Mode"
                Almost all enemies spawn. All players have 250hp
                Enemies that are killed are killed permanently. Killing the King still allows you to win
                The players must whittle down enemy forces until there are no more reinforcements, where it is then an easy walk to the King
                Can be played with any amount of players, if you have the patience and the computer power (100 bots maximum?)
                Could appeal to those who like playing solo, since it's only a matter of time before you win
                Plus it'll be like a slaughterhouse, both for you and the enemies

Almost all download links have been updated. You can redownload them immedietly.
Them being: the links to both of the gamemodes, and the link to being able to download the maps by itself. As in, the one that isn't updated are the supposedly "bugfixed" maps. Sorry
The original level HERE
(mediafire, http://www.mediafire.com/download/hvmpjhvwdlyl95i/GameMode_Castle_Crashers.zip)
and Flambe Fortress HERE
(mediafire, http://www.mediafire.com/download/5ias5zd324dcc32/GameMode_Castle_Crashers_Two.zip)

To install, simply place the .zip files into your Add-Ons folder.
You can download the raw saves of the maps (Both maps in a .zip file, almost nothing else) HERE
(mediafire, http://www.mediafire.com/download/259j8j8e9wv9p3k/CastleCrashersMaps.zip) to be used with the dedicated server version! or maybe just for yourself!
« Last Edit: December 25, 2015, 09:10:51 AM by The Resonte! »