Author Topic: Trying to get my server finished  (Read 1283 times)

I've been building a City RP with some of my friends, using that one generic save that I can't find the original of, and there's a couple of things that I've been trying to find/do before I can make it open to the public

1.) Handcuffs - The issue with these is that people can Self Delete to escape them, is there any code that I can add to them to prevent them from doing this? It seems much better than a kick or a ban. Maybe when Ctrl+K is pressed an admin has to approve it or maybe just disable the function when you are wearing the cuffs.

2.) Locked Door Sound - There's a couple of doors that I want to be restricted but the error sounds don't seem to fit very well, I've tried searching for a .wav sound file here, but I didn't have any luck. Does anyone already have one that I could use? Having the doors tell everyone that they're locked and then playing an audio file telling them "forget Off" isn't exactly the way I wanted it to be handled.

3.) Second Legacy Doors Set - I had an addon that contained the second set of legacy doors (not the default ones) but I think it may have gotten lost when I converted my OS, I may still have it, but legacy doors normally breaks JVS so I have the setting normally disabled, doors still work and all the events are there, but JVS works fine this way

There was one more thing I was going to ask, but I forgot it for now, if I remember I'll post it in this thread later. Thank you in advance to anyone that helps!

By using this dandy function, you can solve all of your problems!
Also, don't vague the forget out of your topic title, it'll get less views that way (speaking from experience)
Also, this belongs in suggestions and requests, not Help

I've searched every board here already, I try to avoid creating topics for something I'm trying to find.

You don't have to search every board, just the one with the add-ons called "add-ons".
I literally gave in the search terms you gave and found them.

The thing about the handcuffs is that I want a bit of code to be added to them, I can see that the mod itself is on the second page right now, but there's just a feature or two that I would've liked to learn to add.

The sound I'm looking for is in a sound pack that is no longer available on mediafire and nothing else in the search is relevant.

I didn't find the door pack exactly, but I'm fine with the one I found later on.

The thing about the handcuffs is that I want a bit of code to be added to them, I can see that the mod itself is on the second page right now, but there's just a feature or two that I would've liked to learn to add.
Then post something about this in the modification forums, there are a lot of people there who will help you (I think)
Also, CodeAcademy will give you free coding lessons if you create an account in various script types, and I think it also does stuff for Torque, too, in case you want to do it on your own

Maybe i can edit few addones and do this:
Add a bit of code from the ctrl + k enable mod.
Make my own real life sounds of the shut/locked door.
And lastly the Legacy door set...
Well the search button is on your way!
Anything else i should make for you?
I'm really busy doing them right now!

the new slayer 4.0 topic in modification discussion now includes features to disable Self Delete and player lights while in the minigame in case you end up not getting anything added to the handcuffs.

what do you need added to the handcuffs beside that ctrl k thing

Beside the Ctrl+K prevention I would've also liked it that when the keys were used to remove the handcuffs, the handcuffs would be returned to the inventory.

I'll have to take a look at Slayer 4.0 some time. I don't want suidide to be completely disabled, just for those who have been cuffed. I would prefer to use it as a mid point punishment before kicking players.

If you could make a locked door sound, Clon, that would be amazing!