Author Topic: Mafia Madness Plus - MM Edit with Receiver-like Revolver (Support_Updater func)  (Read 23972 times)

UPDATE: I have added support_updater functionality to the gamemode! Now you should be able to automatically download the updates as they come.

This is the Mafia Madness gamemode I've edited extensively to include:
  • Ambience on the default Pyramid map
  • Footstep sounds
  • SMM Blood packaged in the gamemode
  • Complex Revolver with robust Chamber/Chambered Bullets and ammo system. [Video Tutorial]
  • /rules 8 is a text-based explanation of the revolver gun. Direct your players to that rule so they know how to handle a gun.
  • Forensics investigation that includes you scanning people for DNA, then comparing that DNA with the blood you scan
  • One in the Chamber gametype! Set it with /setgametype 1. This makes all players in the round start with one bullet they can insert and they'd receive more bullets every morning. Mafia members get bullets every night and morning so they have an advantage. Warning: can cause rounds to last much longer than they should.

Download the Gamemode!
Download neccesary add-ons (Includes neccesary add-ons and music. Does NOT include the main gamemode. Download gamemode seperately.)

The main focus of these edits is, ofcourse, the new revolver with some added depth to it. It makes gunfights in Mafia Madness much more tense as you also have to micromanage your gun while strafing around trying not to get hit. Reloading in the middle of a fight is the most rewarding action you can do with this beauty of an S&W Revolver.

This changes EVERYTHING about the gamemode, at least in my opinion. Now you have to scavenge the map for additional ammo if you're unlucky to spawn with a low amount, meaning that innocent people have a reason to scatter about. Perhaps you can gain someone's trust by giving them some of your bullets. Or maybe you'd like to ask everyone to empty out their chambers and leave themselves practically defenceless "for their own good".
When the MM gamemode is started, bullets do not disappear. Instead, they stay on the map for the duration of the round. Bullets will only disappear in Deathmatch phase.

I'd love if Mafia Madness got more maps specifically designed for this style of play, as Pyramid map can get really stale pretty quickly. PM me if you're interested in building a new map. Default bricks + maybe 1 random brick pack recommended to decrease download times.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2015, 03:04:53 PM by Crystalwarrior »

Does the SMM City map work well with MM+?

Does the SMM City map work well with MM+?

i doubt it
mafia madness generally needs some kind of point where everyone can gather and will gather to
this worked in pyramid because everyone always felt the need to ascend to the roof, and it was a pretty good spot in general to be in
the smm city map does not really have such a point (i think, anyway.)

What about the Crysta Castle(can't remember exact name) save or the MotE mansion save?

What about the Crysta Castle(can't remember exact name) save or the MotE mansion save?

brackets tried crysta castle once and it did not play very well at all
mostly because the roof is kind of... cluttered.

as for MotE, i've seen a ton of people use that but i don't really like it
a lot of empty rooms and tight corners and not exactly much of a place to gather in
shrug
pyramid master race

by the way, could you clarify on the DNA thing? i can't quite figure out what's the deal with that addition
« Last Edit: June 04, 2015, 09:04:33 PM by Maui69 »

Oh, that's some missing addons. Sorry, lemme update the zip with them.

by the way, could you clarify on the DNA thing? i can't quite figure out what's the deal with that addition
Basically, you can determine who's blood was shed by directing the scanner at that blood. At first, though, you have to collect the DNA entries by scanning people so you can compare it to the blood you scanned.
Light key displays all your DNA entries I think.

EDIT: Updated the download link! Now includes One in the Chamber gametype + fixes crashing bug with slow playertype.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2015, 07:18:25 AM by Crystalwarrior »

Nice!  The new revolver is surprisingly fun to richard around with.

Will you release the revolver by itself?

Will you release the revolver by itself?
I think I already did but it got burried in the quicksand that is the Add-Ons topic.

Bump.
!! NEW VERSION AVAILABLE! (07.06.15) Improves bullet picking up by using a radius check alongside a raycast. Now you'll be able to pick up more than one bullet at once! !!

i tried messing around with the revolver (not the codes)
and heres mai result

Huh.
What is your resolution?
Your centerprint might have run out of characters to use, but I never would've thought the character limit was dynamic.

is it okay if i use the Weapon_Package_ComplexWeapons for another server type? as in like, using the weapons for another gamemode instead of MM.

is it okay if i use the Weapon_Package_ComplexWeapons for another server type? as in like, using the weapons for another gamemode instead of MM.
Yeah you don't need to ask for my permission. They were released before in add-ons but were buried there.