Author Topic: Planning to make a city rpg system, any ideas?  (Read 961 times)

Any ideas on how should I make a city rp? I don't want to make one and then screw up how it works, I want to make it while it's being made from scratch.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2015, 08:57:12 PM by Advanced Bot »

What do you mean by system? Are you making a map? Remaking the addon?

Any ideas on how should I make a city rp? I don't want to make one and then screw up how it works, I want to make it while it's being made from scratch.
Don't bail out.

Don't bail out.
seeing that he has taken on about 5 projects lately I think it's a high chance that he will bail out or not even begin to work on it. don't put too much on yourself viso

I've already got JobSO, BankSO, and JailSO entirely written, which is like 5% of the mod. The worst part is keeping it stable and what people really want that is different from a normal city rp.

I won't bail out, but there is a chance I might take a break on it and not get back to it for a long time. Let's hope not though, I've put a lot of work into the scratch mod already.
My entire common folder of the city rp layout. It's not done because I might have another idea.

I've got the derby game already and might plan to release it, it just doesn't have a map. Once it has a map I'll release it. I will not make one because I'm terrible at making maps, but I can try.
The World RPG consumes so much time, and I think someone is going to beat me to another RPG, but I should still work on it anyways since there isn't much left, but it seems that it will be completely different from mine, but I need to get my head straight on a project and stay with it. I'm pulling a Furdle right now with this 1000 projects.
The other projects I have no idea what they are. I think I only have 3 major projects. The other ones were most likely a thought, but haven't had a plan to begin.

So yeah I need to stick with something, which is both World RPG and City. I need to stop thinking of other projects, they should go on a list or something instead of trying to create them which is slowing me down of making these 2 main projects. I've had the City RPG as long as I had the World RPG idea, I just didn't express both of them at the same time. What I really need to do is figure what I need to work on the most, which is most likely World RPG first because it's like 95% done.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2015, 03:39:30 AM by Advanced Bot »

JAIL
Make it so time goes by when you're logged out and jailed; jail is to stop criminals from killing everyone 24/7, and that doesn't matter if they're online or not.
Possibly have some way of escaping. Policemen would have to watch over prisoners, and you'd only have the option to escape if two or more baton-related jobbed players were online.

LABOR
I think if you're going diverse education, then make more education increase the amount of positive random chance events (truffles, gems and boots), hunger effect it, Labor EXP, job type, and health.
Do something to stop players from tree and ore stealing. This gets annoying quick, and if you could maybe, make an ore only be able to be mined by you once you hit it with your pick, that would be fantastic. Annoying as hell when I almost finish a gold block and someone gets it from behind.

ECONOMY
Don't make the economy so goddamned fragile. Sometimes if I donate a few dollars to it, then all of the sudden the economy gets a 0.25% or something difference.
Possibly have this effect the base price of items and food so it's more of an issue.

EVENTS
I think you should disable not show pretty much everything except for brick/self/named brick/client events, and setVelocity, setPlayerTransform.

okay i'm bored of typing this post

Jail: I do agree it should go by, but when they are gone, the time passes slower for them, because this won't just run on ticks. The prisoners will have a chance when a cop is online, but if the cop ever goes offline, sucks for them, they are free. When they successfully get out of the jail, their wanted rate increases because the system cannot find them when they get released. The wanted system gives more demerits than anything else. The wanted system will also take a lot longer for you to get unwanted as well. If someone leaves while being jailed, it will leave an AI for 30 seconds so you can still jail them. This AI will have every detail of what the client had before it left.

Labor: Yeah, it's nuts when you have pickpocket people come out of nowhere, but instead of using a randomization to get ore in one piece, you will get tiny pieces depending on what kind of ore you get, the more valuable, the harder it is to obtain the small pieces.

Economy: Yeah, it will base on a lot of things such as the use of the stock market, store prices, etc. If people pay taxes the economy also will go up, but not too far.

60% of the events will be removed, or at least make it for super admins only, in which, I barely have SAs on the server.

Crimes need to carry some sort of extra deterrent besides about six ticks in a prison. They should come with some kind of debuff or something that lowers your pay and prevents you from getting some things, i.e. driver's or shopkeeper's licenses; the idea being that being a criminal would be a high-risk, high-reward kind of job, compared to the more boring yet practical stuff like shopkeeping.

Crimes need to carry some sort of extra deterrent besides about six ticks in a prison. They should come with some kind of debuff or something that lowers your pay and prevents you from getting some things, i.e. driver's or shopkeeper's licenses; the idea being that being a criminal would be a high-risk, high-reward kind of job, compared to the more boring yet practical stuff like shopkeeping.

How about not being able to get weapons, for, say, a day if you get more than three star too? That sounds fair, and would stop constant RDM, the whole point of jail.