Is there a server hosting issue going on?

Author Topic: Is there a server hosting issue going on?  (Read 883 times)

Yesterday, me and my friends could host servers just fine.

Now we can't, all of our servers show up as --- ping. We can all join other servers just fine, but none of ours work anymore. I'm not sure what's going on :/

No. Restart your routers (unplug, wait 10 seconds, plug back in) and your computers.

there seems to "seasons" of this happening with a lot of different people. i wonder why that is

there seems to "seasons" of this happening with a lot of different people. i wonder why that is

It just happens all the time because people use the unreliable UPnP method instead of port forwarding.

It just happens all the time because people use the unreliable UPnP method instead of port forwarding.
They do it because its "easier", I wish we had IPV6 support.

They do it because its "easier", I wish we had IPV6 support.

How would IPv6 help with this?

This is actually quite strange. My server has been affected too, and I do my own port forwarding. This server worked a week ago.

Mine also had the same issue, until I did this

I did both port forwarding and port triggering, my server now has ping and you don't really send punch packets but you send challenge requests.

My server was doing great two days ago without any ping issues. Now since yesterday, nobody can join, but I'll try Greek2Me's strategy later.

I'm back online in the hosting department now! Thanks guys!
« Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 12:40:55 PM by Night_Hawk »

How to do things correctly: Disable UPnP. Remove the libminiupnp port forwarding if any. Forward exactly one UDP port (the one you're hosting on). Assuming you have no dumb firewall or overcomplicated NAT systems, everything should work.