Poll

After you've tried the new reference frame import feature, do you think it should be enabled by default?

Yes
No

Author Topic: [Blender] New DTS plugin  (Read 132860 times)

Apologies for the double post. Just wanted to say that the shadow issue I've been having doesn't seem to be with how I'm making models, but how the plugin imports or exports. Using the default m.dts, importing and exporting with no changes at all:

Using the default m.dts from v20 works fine. I know this isn't a pressing issue since v21's shadows and shaders work fine, but it'd be nice to have it fixed so I don't have to use the old Blender.

Apologies for the double post. Just wanted to say that the shadow issue I've been having doesn't seem to be with how I'm making models, but how the plugin imports or exports. Using the default m.dts, importing and exporting with no changes at all:

-snip-

Using the default m.dts from v20 works fine. I know this isn't a pressing issue since v21's shadows and shaders work fine, but it'd be nice to have it fixed so I don't have to use the old Blender.
Yeah Im having import-export compatibility issues as well
If I import a dts from a working addon and then without changing anything atall export it again, blockland crashes when loading the add-on using that dts.

EDIT: Just tested and it does not happen for me in the 32 bit version of Blender, maybe give that a try?
« Last Edit: December 23, 2017, 01:59:49 PM by TheArmyGuy »

-try 32 bit snip-

No, even 32-bit blender doesn't import and export with working shadows from an m.dts that has working shadows. Something's up - it looks like some faces aren't getting exported with working normals or something?

how tf do i install this?

Download the release, go to blender, go to user preferences, import it, then enable it

by "import" do you mean "install from file"? Because I did that and it doesn't show up in add ons, am I doing something wrong or does this plugin not support 2.78?

How to install:
Go to https://github.com/qoh/io_scene_dts and download as ZIP

In Blender, go to File > User Preferences

Click 'Install Add-on from File...'

Navigate to where you downloaded the file to, select it and click the 'Install Add-on from File...' button again

Go to the Import-Export category of the Add-ons tab

Locate the Torque DTS plugin and enable it by clicking the checkbox, then click 'Save User Settings'

You can now find the DTS and DSQ options at the bottom of the import and export menus

you may also have to restart blender for it to show up in the addons menu. sometimes twice, if the first instance didnt fully close before you opened the second

you may also have to restart blender for it to show up in the addons menu. sometimes twice, if the first instance didnt fully close before you opened the second
I've never had to do that

I am getting this error when exporting.

This problem still persists. I have been using blender 1.49 because it;s generally still a lot better for DTS IMO, but it's getting to the point where it's starting to lag when animating and graphical artifacts and plaguing the UI.

try applying the modifiers on cube. what was empty2? i see keyframes for that in your first image, but the second doesnt have any empty with that name...

The original post was a different model. I resolved it by just using 2.49 which works. I can't use 2.49 any more because the action editor lags like garbage and all of the visual artifacts from it generally just being outdated. I applied the modifier and I still get the error. When exporting selected objects only, the error only occurs when I have the "base" empty selected (probably because it's an animation export error).