Poll

Agree/disagree?

Only particles and shaders should be automatic
Only particles shaders and brick fx should be automatic
Only shaders should be automatic
Nothing should be automatic
Everything should be automatic
Other

Author Topic: Automatic Graphics  (Read 1668 times)

I thought since the render distance has this why not all the other graphic options, here is how it will go
1-20 fps: everything is low minimum or off
21-50 fps: everything is set to medium but shaders is off
51-80 fps: shaders is set to low, all other settings are medium
80-100 fps: shaders is set to medium/high, everything else is set to best
101+ fps: shaders is set to max, while all other settings are the same

I thought since the render distance has this why not all the other graphic options, here is how it will go
1-20 fps: everything is low minimum or off
21-50 fps: everything is set to medium but shaders is off
51-80 fps: shaders is set to low, all other settings are medium
80-100 fps: shaders is set to medium/high, everything else is set to best
101+ fps: shaders is set to max, while all other settings are the same
I agree with low fps, not higher increasing the settings

I agree with low fps, not higher increasing the settings
I've never really experienced high fps, could you make a better version?

it does something similar already, with draw distance
could be neat to change the other settings too, not sure how much they would affect it though (besides shadows)

it does something similar already, with draw distance
could be neat to change the other settings too, not sure how much they would affect it though (besides shadows)
I am requesting that all other settings, from brick fx to shaders to be automatic and, I am already aware that draw distance is automatic, I even mentioned it

I've never really experienced high fps, could you make a better version?
Make it cap at 30 fps, don't go over that

Texture quality shouldn't make that much of a difference on anything but GPU RAM, but most importantly, it won't do anything until you restart the game. Dynamically controlling it would be pointless.
Physics already disable themselves or switch to lower resolution simulation methods during strain.
I've never seen brick FX have much of an effect on FPS but that's just me.
Particle quality can have a big effect on FPS! Automatically controlling it could be really good.
Finally, shader quality makes a lot of sense. Try it. I feel like it'd be very jarring though as it'll freeze your game for a bit every time it switches.

The problem with suggestions like this is that blockland fps can vary by extremely large amounts depending on number of bricks, and their shape/color/effects

Also I've found that none of the graphics settings (except shaders and draw distance) make any noticeable difference.

I've never seen brick FX have much of an effect on FPS but that's just me.
Undulo and water have a huge affect, but there usually aren't a lot of bricks to make a noticeable affect

Why would it switching freeze the game for a bit? It doesn't do that when I switch it

Little bit off topic but that sandwich avatar is adorable.

Little bit off topic but that sandwich avatar is adorable.
Thanks

Pretty much what port said—if you want to attack anything, the main culprit is particle quality/quantity.  Having a setting for dynamically changing this would be optimal.