Procedural Terrain Generator v3 [Working on v3.1]

Author Topic: Procedural Terrain Generator v3 [Working on v3.1]  (Read 98989 times)

Did the testing updates get postponed. Or is it coming in one big shipment.
I've been working around with it, found some glitches and stuff. Should probably post.
I was hoping to get all the features working for the next release - the Beta, so it would come as one big update. But, I'm thinking it might be best to release the Beta once I finish GUI previewing and Build-Loading, and then finish the rest for a Pre-Release test. The latter is probably what I'll end up doing.

Also, please keep those bug reports coming. =) Someone mentioned an issue with bots before; are there any issues with using bot spawns as details, or when using bots and resetting a minigame / changing a gamemode?

There's a bug that effect the way how bricks break.

For example if I would make a tower of bricks and wand or hammer the bottom supporting brick. It would only delete that one brick and leave the others floating.

Great!, is this version going to be more simple than the other?

There's a bug that effect the way how bricks break.

For example if I would make a tower of bricks and wand or hammer the bottom supporting brick. It would only delete that one brick and leave the others floating.
Thanks, I've actually known about that issue for awhile, but should have that adjusted before the final release.

Great!, is this version going to be more simple than the other?
It should be much easier to use than the previous versions. =) The GUIs have been set up to be more intuitive and easy to figure out, and there will be video tutorials included as well to reduce the learning curve.

Still making progress with build-loading; right now I'm finalizing how terrain is flattened when builds are loaded (for both terrain and floating islands). For build-loading, I still need to finish colorset conversion, preventing details from generating inside loaded builds, flattening terrain for skylands and I need to fix and issue with flattening terrain for mountains.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2015, 10:41:39 PM by [GSF]Ghost »

Could you please send me PM's on this account? I got banned on my previous and I don't receive PM's on my new account.

Could you please send me PM's on this account? I got banned on my previous and I don't receive PM's on my new account.
Sure no problem.

Here's some pics showing my progress with build loading. The placement algorithm is close to being done!

I wonder if it's possible to load a certain ptg preset when starting a gamemode, so when the starts the terrain is loaded and generated
this could make some gamemodes much more interesting with build loading

I wonder if it's possible to load a certain ptg preset when starting a gamemode, so when the starts the terrain is loaded and generated
this could make some gamemodes much more interesting with build loading
Someone else did suggest that as well, so I'm going to try to include a function that will load a preset and immediately start a routine after. I'm not that familiar with gamemodes though, can you execute functions from the gamemode file?

Someone else did suggest that as well, so I'm going to try to include a function that will load a preset and immediately start a routine after. I'm not that familiar with gamemodes though, can you execute functions from the gamemode file?
Gamemodes can have a server.cs, which is executed when you start the gamemode. You can't write any code into the gamemode.txt.

Iirc you can have gamemode properties set in gamemode.txt so maybe you can have the user set the values in the gamemode.txt and process it all when the gamemode object is created.

Gamemodes can have a server.cs, which is executed when you start the gamemode. You can't write any code into the gamemode.txt.
Iirc you can have gamemode properties set in gamemode.txt so maybe you can have the user set the values in the gamemode.txt and process it all when the gamemode object is created.
Thanks guys, I'll include a server based function that can be executed in the Server.cs file for gamemodes. Presets would have to be loaded on the server-side, but that shouldn't be too much of a hassle to setup.

Update: Build Loading is now 95% done! Builds can be loaded onto floating islands (in addition to the terrain, underwater and the water surface). Detail bricks will automatically avoid builds once loaded, and you can also enable details (from the default biome) to generate on floating islands.

A lag preview graph has been added to the preview window, which will show (in milliseconds) how long each chunk takes to calculate and render. In addition, the depth simulation option for previewing is now working.

If all goes well, the Beta update should be rolling out to the testers by next week!

Edit: Oh, and I'll be increasing the cap for the amount of testers to 40, since the next 2 updates will be the most crucial for testing. So if you would like to reserve a spot, let me know!
« Last Edit: October 03, 2015, 10:29:59 PM by [GSF]Ghost »

I'm so excited for this but at the same time I don't want my blockland to die of lag, lol

If all goes well, the Beta update should be rolling out to the testers by next week!

Edit: Oh, and I'll be increasing the cap for the amount of testers to 40, since the next 2 updates will be the most crucial for testing. So if you would like to reserve a spot, let me know!
daaamn, i always wanting to become a terrain guy but got lazy infact i will test this out.
ign: haloz­³ (ok yeah its not an alt seriously, i made this name up.))

Hey could I become a beta tester? I could see this working very well with video production