Author Topic: Power Sliding/Drifting?  (Read 1121 times)

If you play Mario Kart,Crash Team Racing,ect. Then you know what talking about. It can have a emitter near the wheel. It'll maybe be useful for a Speedkart.

Its easy to understand what I'm asking for.

Edit: Fix'd
« Last Edit: July 09, 2015, 10:20:12 AM by Bolt the thunderhog »

Says crash nitro kart picture is crash team racing fix plz

I just need a way to tell if the vehicle is touching the ground. To detect when the vehicle is drifting, I could constantly check the vehicle's forward direction compared to which way the vehicle is actually moving, and if it's moving sideways at all with respect to its forward direction, it must be drifting.

I recently made a boost script, so this would be a cool next project to work on.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2015, 10:04:42 PM by Farad »

I just need a way to tell if the vehicle is touching the ground.
Fire a downward raycast a small distance; if it hits something most likely it's on the ground.

I just need a way to tell if the vehicle is touching the ground. To detect when the vehicle is drifting, I could constantly check the vehicle's forward direction compared to which way the vehicle is actually moving, and if it's moving sideways at all with respect to it's forward direction, it must be drifting.

I recently made a boost script, so this would be a cool next project to work on.
Wow,thanks! I hope it turns out well! I'd love to test it.

Speedkarts don't really drift, so I could just detect when it's turning.

Thought this was human sliding.