Author Topic: Turns out my Dad owns a GEW98 1917 WW1 Infantry Rifle  (Read 2089 times)

I was cleaning my Dad's shotgun (I enjoy cleaning guns) and while me and him were cleaning up and putting it back in the gun cabinet I asked him what we would clean next and I asked to see one of the rifles in there. He handed it to me and what caught my eye was the bolt assembly which was the same as a KAR98/GEW98's bolt. At first I thought it was a KAR98 but after some more searching on the internet I found out it was actually an authentic GEW98 WW1 German Infantry rifle.

Will post pics soon
« Last Edit: July 09, 2015, 09:41:51 PM by Renousim »

forget you guys im not selling this

That thing is rlly old. Basically its a K98 but an early production for the first world war so you're spot on.

There's a ton of them in circulation though so value i'd estimate about $800 or less in used condition and without its complete serial set.

Its pretty dirty and I plan on cleaning it tomorrow

quick google shows this:

op pls confirm

part of the front wood is gone with no cleaning rod but everything else is the same

EDIT: Also thats DWM mine is Spandau
« Last Edit: July 09, 2015, 11:32:49 PM by Renousim »

No wood on the front? Best I can do is $30.

No wood on the front? Best I can do is $30.
Its still exactly the same

Literally all you do is take off that wooden part behind the sights infront of the metal band and thats what it looks like

$33 bucks max, take it or leave it. I got a store to run here.

$33 bucks max, take it or leave it. I got a store to run here.
forget you guys im not selling this

I have a Gewehr 88. It's stamped by Amberg from 1893.

I have a Gewehr 88. It's stamped by Amberg from 1893.
Notch out of the stock? Best I can do is $16 and a paper clip.